We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

DocIO Translation from RTF file not recognizing all MS Word 2010 features.

Greetings,
I'm using Syncfusion.DocIO version 10.203.0.75.
My goal is to render a full featured RTF file to a PDF.

I have the file "mytest.rtf" on my file system.
When I open it with MS Word 2010, it renders all features perfectly.

My C# Code:

public DocToPDFConverter _converter = new DocToPDFConverter();
WordDocument FinalDoc = new WordDocument("C:\\test\\mytest.rtf");
PdfDocument document = _converter.ConvertToPDF(FinalDoc);
document.Save("C:\\test\\mytest.pdf");

This produces a PDF file that is 98% of the original in terms of formatting. I have to have 100%.

Just for fun, I decided to take my original RTF file, open it into an IWordDocument object, and Save it as an RTF to see if Syncfusion was the offending element in my equation. 

IWordDocument iwd = new WordDocument();
iwd.Open("C:\\test\\mytest.rtf", Syncfusion.DocIO.FormatType.Rtf);
iwd.Save("C:\\test\\mytest2.rtf", Syncfusion.DocIO.FormatType.Rtf);

I opened mytest2.rtf in MS Word 2010 and saw the same formatting issues as before.

I tried .....FormatType.Doc.....and FormatType.Word2010....and a few others...and got the same formatting result.

Obviously, Syncfusion is not recognizing some of the RTF features in the original file. This is extremely important to me.

I bound by law from sharing data. Therefore, I cannot supply you with a sample file.

Please advise.

Thank you

John

3 Replies

SS Siva Subramanian Syncfusion Team March 18, 2013 05:01 PM UTC

Hi John,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Kindly upgrade to our latest version 11.1.0.21 and let us know whether the mentioned formatting issue has been resolved.

Download Link:

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/general/107138/Essential-Studio-2013-Volume-1-Final-Release-v111021-available-for-download

If you are able to reproduce the issue in our latest version (11.1.0.21) then kindly provide us the input RTF document for reproducing the mentioned formatting issue on our side, So that we can further analyze and update you with the appropriate details.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Sivasubramanian

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 21, 2013 05:57 PM UTC

Thank you for responding.
I'm using Essential Studio Version 10.4.0.71 downloaded and installed just a few days ago.
The RTF file originated from Word 2007. So, there really should not be anything in the RTF file that could be regarded as a new feature to Syncfusion.
I've attached the RTF file in question.
Please note: When you open this file in MS Word 2010 or later, it renders perfectly. Note the heavy dots and heavy long dashes in the header. But when I use Syncfusion to create the PDF, that same area shows question-marks instead.

TestRTF_4779f9b.zip

SS Siva Subramanian Syncfusion Team March 25, 2013 12:49 PM UTC

Hi John 

Thank you for your update.

We are able to reproduce the mentioned text preservation issue in RTF to PDF conversion. Could you please report this issue through Direct Trac Developer Support System (https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents because you can take the advantage of the expertise of a dedicated support engineer and a guaranteed response time and we hope you will take advantage of this system as well. If you have already reported, please ignore this.

Regards,

Sivasubramanian

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon