We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Mouse Scroll on TreeviewAdv

Hi,

I have a view that contains a lot of fields and controls one of which is a TreeviewAdv control.

I put all the controls in a ScrollViewer control so that i will only have one scroll bar displaying when the content grows long. I noticed that anywhere outside the TreeviewAdv, mouse scroll works fine. But, if my mouse pointer is on top of the TreeviewAdv, my ScrollViewer control would no longer respond to it. 

Same case will happen if GridView is used. To workaround/fix it, the ScrollView inside the GridView's template must be removed. I saw in the TreeviewAdv's template that it also has ScrollViewers (& scrollbars) inside it.

Would removing the ScrollViewers (& scrollbars) would work? If so, how is the best these should be removed? If not, how can i make the View respond to the MouseScroll when the mouse pointer is on top of the TreeViewAdv.

Hoping for your response.

Regards,
Clint

3 Replies

KR Karthick Ravichandran Syncfusion Team March 18, 2013 07:24 AM UTC

Hi Clint,

We have respond for your query in the incident #105699. Please follow up on the incident #105699 for technical support.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Karthick

CD Clint David March 25, 2013 11:34 AM UTC

Hi,

Thank you for the patch you provided to fix the TreeviewAdv from crashing.

However, we decided to go on a different approach which i'd like to seek assistance from you on. We decided to add a dependency Property on a Scrollviewer that will handle the PreviewMouseWheel event. i just couldn't make the TreeviewAdv control to respond or work. Datagrid responds to it and other microsoft data controls with built in scrollers.

Could you help me look how to make the TreeviewAdv respond to our approach? i have attached the XAML and classes you could use to replicate the problem.

Regards,
Clint

TreeviewAdvScroll_242ea91c.zip

KR Karthick Ravichandran Syncfusion Team April 12, 2013 09:59 AM UTC

Hi Clint,

Sorry for the delay caused.

In TreeViewAdv, we have edited the style of ScrollViewer to have the treeview  header row and content, since that your attached property haven’t set to our internal ScrollViewer and scroll operation haven't performed. We have manually set the FixScrollingProperty to our internal ScrollViewer. Please check the attached sample.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Karthick

Sample_e774ca6e.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon