We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Mouse Scroll on TreeviewAdv

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

107686 Mar 12,2013 06:25 AM Apr 12,2013 05:59 AM ASP.NET MVC (Classic) 3
Tags: Tools
Clint David
Asked On March 12, 2013 06:25 AM

Hi,

I have a view that contains a lot of fields and controls one of which is a TreeviewAdv control.

I put all the controls in a ScrollViewer control so that i will only have one scroll bar displaying when the content grows long. I noticed that anywhere outside the TreeviewAdv, mouse scroll works fine. But, if my mouse pointer is on top of the TreeviewAdv, my ScrollViewer control would no longer respond to it. 

Same case will happen if GridView is used. To workaround/fix it, the ScrollView inside the GridView's template must be removed. I saw in the TreeviewAdv's template that it also has ScrollViewers (& scrollbars) inside it.

Would removing the ScrollViewers (& scrollbars) would work? If so, how is the best these should be removed? If not, how can i make the View respond to the MouseScroll when the mouse pointer is on top of the TreeViewAdv.

Hoping for your response.

Regards,
Clint

Karthick Ravichandran [Syncfusion]
Replied On March 18, 2013 03:24 AM

Hi Clint,

We have respond for your query in the incident #105699. Please follow up on the incident #105699 for technical support.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Karthick

Clint David
Replied On March 25, 2013 07:34 AM

Hi,

Thank you for the patch you provided to fix the TreeviewAdv from crashing.

However, we decided to go on a different approach which i'd like to seek assistance from you on. We decided to add a dependency Property on a Scrollviewer that will handle the PreviewMouseWheel event. i just couldn't make the TreeviewAdv control to respond or work. Datagrid responds to it and other microsoft data controls with built in scrollers.

Could you help me look how to make the TreeviewAdv respond to our approach? i have attached the XAML and classes you could use to replicate the problem.

Regards,
Clint

TreeviewAdvScroll_242ea91c.zip

Karthick Ravichandran [Syncfusion]
Replied On April 12, 2013 05:59 AM

Hi Clint,

Sorry for the delay caused.

In TreeViewAdv, we have edited the style of ScrollViewer to have the treeview  header row and content, since that your attached property haven’t set to our internal ScrollViewer and scroll operation haven't performed. We have manually set the FixScrollingProperty to our internal ScrollViewer. Please check the attached sample.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Karthick

Sample_e774ca6e.zip

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;