We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
Starting in 2019, the Reporting control is no longer included in Essential Studio. If you're experiencing issues with the Syncfusion Reporting Platform, Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer, we recommend migrating to Bold Reports, our dedicated reporting platform.

Bold Reports offers a comprehensive suite of tools and features for all your reporting needs, and we will help you make a smooth transition from the discontinued control. Our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/ is here to assist you with any questions or difficulties you may encounter during the migration process.

We thank you for choosing Syncfusion and appreciate your understanding.

Help

I have begun to implement your report designer as a demo for a client. I have the following issues:

1. Save ovewrites existing files without any warning
     2. MDI mode: how do I programatically access each individual report (eg so I can switch tabs)
    3. MDI mode: when I close a report which event can I handle to trap this?
    4. MDI mode: When a report closes , a Save prompt is issued even if the report has not been changed. This is very annoying
    5. Me.ReportDesignerControl.PreCloseApplication() seems to prompt for Save even if the reports have not been changed. This is very annoying
    6. Save prompts. How can I change the Dialog box title?
    7. Can I open a report directly from an SSRS report server (what is the ReportServerURL property for??)
    8. How do I get the ReportPath of a Saved report so I can read the RDL & deploy the report an SSRS Server?
    9. Your Save & SaveAS dialogs are sub routines not functions so they return nothing & I cannot retrieve the saved file path?
    10. How do I procedurally access the DataSource & Datasets for a saved report so I can deploy to an SSRS Server or save the report in a database?

1 Reply

RG Ragavan G Syncfusion Team March 12, 2013 10:45 AM UTC

Hi Russell ,

We have addressed all your queries in incident id (105532). Please refer the incident for your answers .

Thanks ,

Ragavan G

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon