We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Virtual tree grid and sorting

Hi, I''m looking into using the grouping feature with a virtual grid e.g. a VirtualTreeGrid example. Do you have any examples of this functionality? Thank you, Eugene

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 12, 2004 04:23 PM UTC

No, we don''t have such samples at the moment. Over the next couple of months we will be working on more samples. And using the Grouping engine in a virtual grid makes sense as sample. Thank you for your interest! Stefan

MW Mike Woolley September 27, 2004 11:10 AM UTC

Stefan, Any update on this? I''d be interested in seeing any samples that you may have... Thanks!

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 28, 2004 04:35 PM UTC

Hi Mike, the idea with such a sample was/is that we provide APIs that allow you to manually fill a grid with Caption, Groups, nested tables etc without being bound to a datasource. The user would simply add record elements, captions etc. one for each line. This would be completely different control derived from GridControl. We only played around with it a bit back then but we have no concrete sample working yet. It''s a lot of work. We''ll revisit this sample project again in a few months. Stefan

CL Christian Lützenkirchen April 25, 2006 06:34 PM UTC

Hi Stefan, I am interested in a virtual grouping grid, too. Are there any updates? Regards, Christian

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 28, 2006 02:22 AM UTC

Hi Christian, with regards to the specific sample I mentioned in this thread we unfortunately did not follow up on that and also have no immediate plans for it. We recommend instead that if you have your data already in a grouped format, the best is to create a flat list (or create a IList wrapper) from you grouped collection. You should includes columns with the grouping information (or create unbound columns) and then tell the grid to group by these columns. There is a bit runtime overhead involved because the grid will do the grouping again but it should be sufficient in most cases. In order to insert extra sections, new elements etc. you can derive the engine class and override its OnInitializeSections methods as shown in the CustomEngine example. Stefan >Hi Stefan, > >I am interested in a virtual grouping grid, too. Are there any updates? > >Regards, > >Christian

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon