We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Applying formats to decimal textbox

Hi, I am using decimal textbox in 1.6.1.8 on win2k/XP/vs.net 2003. I am trying to get the decimal textbox to display numbers in several formats (like the ones we can define in DataboundGrid). Mainly I want to control: - How many decimal digits I have - How many zeros I want to show - How many optional decimal digits I want to show. If these optional decimal digits are not present, I dont want to show anything starting from the decimal ''.''. Format Example ---------------------------------------------- ###,###,###.00 123,456,789.76 or 874,123.00 ###,###,###.## 123,456,789 or 765,412.9 or 765,412.42 ###,###,###.00### 123,456,789.00 or 123,345.12 or 969,123.12345 I don''t want to use masked textbox. How can I achieve this functionality in decimal textbox? thanks, - Reddy

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 11, 2004 08:37 PM UTC

Hi Reddy, 1. You could specify the number of decimal digits you wish to display by assigning the desired value to DoubleTextBox''s NumberDecimalDigits property. 2. Are you referring number of zeroes displayed after the decimal point ? If so, would the property mentioned in (1) meet your requirements ? Please let me know about this. 3. The DoubleTextBox does not have any property/method to handle the optional digits. I have consulted the development team for their inputs on this issue and will keep you updated. We appreciate your cooperation, and thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 11, 2004 09:43 PM UTC

Guru, I am aware of the NumDecimalDigits property. But it only satisfies the "###,###,###.00" format. Can you see how we an get the "###,###,###.#####" and "###,###,###.00###" kind of formats. thanks, - Reddy

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 12, 2004 04:54 PM UTC

Hi Reddy, After consulting the development team, I would like to inform you that at present the DoubleTextBox does not support format strings to format the value that it displays. NumberDecimalDigits is the only property available that handles this to a certain extent. However, we have considered this as a feature request, and will try our best to incorporate this feature in our future releases. We appreciate your feedback, and thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon