We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Cannot create functional custom FilterDescriptor in MVC grid

I am creating a Grid in an MVC project (Razor). I attempt to create a custom filterdescriptor to have a default filter, as part of the grid definition, like

.Filtering(filter =>
      {
          filter.AllowFiltering(true);
          filter.FilterMode(FilterMode.FilterBar);
          filter.FilterBarMode(FilterBarMode.OnEnter);

filter.FilterDescriptors(descriptor =>
          {
              descriptor.Add(new FilterDescriptor("Group") { ColumnName = "Group"IsCaseSensitive = falseOperator = Syncfusion.Linq.FilterType.StartsWithPredicate = PredicateType.AndValue = "C" });
          });
      })
note the fluent .Add call ends up with the same result
               descriptor.Add(d => d.Group).MatchCase(false).FilterBy(Syncfusion.Linq.FilterType.Contains).Predicate(PredicateType.And).FilterValue("C");

When I attempt to page (or POST any grid operations), I get a 500 in response from .GridActions<>. When looking at the PagingParams passed to the action method, the FilterDescriptor corresponding to the one defined in the code above has a null ColumnName. args.FilterObject ==

"[{\"Column\":\"Group\",\"Operator\":6,\"Predicate\":0,\"Value\":\"C\",\"IsCaseSensitive\":false}]"

If, however, I do not create the descriptor in the definition, and through the FilterBar filter the Group field to C (so, do what results in exactly the same records), when POSTing, the FilterDescriptor corresponding to Group has a ColumnName = "Group" and arg.FilterObject == 

"[{\"ColumnName\":\"Group\",\"Operator\":\"6\",\"Value\":\"C\",\"Predicate\":\"0\",\"IsCaseSensitive\":false}]"

Note the FilterObject property is the same except the FilterBar FilterDescriptor version has "ColumnName" instead of "Column".

So, either I am doing something wrong or there is a bug in the FilterDescriptor.Add tree.

Suggestions on what to do to either (a) be correct or (b) work around?

thanks

2 Replies

SB Scott Belina January 21, 2013 08:09 PM UTC

I am using version 10.434.0.71 of the Syncfusion.Grid.MVC and Syncfusion.Shared.MVC , BTW, and 10.404.0.71 of Syncfusion.Core.

RD Rakesh D Syncfusion Team January 24, 2013 03:46 PM UTC

Hi Scott Belina,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

We regret to let you know that we can provide solution for this only through Direct-Trac incident, so could you please create the incident in your direct trac account.

You can login to your Direct-Trac account using the credentials and password that are provided by our sales team to create incident. I would request you to use the following link to login to your DT account.

http://www.syncfusion.com/account/Logon

Please let us know if you need further assistance. We would be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Rakesh D

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon