We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Resetting a GridDataControl, Part III

I am using the 10.204.0.75 version of SyncFusion.Grid.WPF.dll in Visual Studio 2012 in a .Net 4.0 project on Windows 7 Pro.

This is part of my long saga attempting to reset the grid to it's original state with regards to grouping, column ordering, filtering, and sorting. When the GridDataControl.Loaded event fires, I want these aspects of the grid to return to their original state if the ItemsSource has changed. This doesn't seem like an unreasonable requirement, but I've been unable to do it thus far. I'm at the point where I'm considering creating a new View with a new GridDataControl every time the user loads the View. To my way of thikinking, this is wasteful and should not be necessary. The grid (and parent View) should be re-usable and reset-able.

After running into problems do trying to clear things directly, I've fallen back to the Model.SerializeToStream() option. In doing so, I've run into the following XmlSerializer problem:

{"The type Syncfusion.Windows.Controls.Grid.GridDataPercentEditVisibleColumn was not expected. Use the XmlInclude or SoapInclude attribute to specify types that are not known statically."}

I've included a solution that demonstrates the issue; just double-click anywhere on the grid. If XML serialization, which is the preferred way to do a reset, is broken, I'm afraid I'm at a loss for how to proceed.

GridDataControl_SerializationIssue_90108e14.zip

1 Reply

RG Rajasekar G Syncfusion Team February 5, 2013 04:29 AM UTC

Hi  Will,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We are able to reproduce the issue. Could you please create new incident for this query through Direct Trac system and we will update the status of this through

incident.

Direct Trac Link : https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Raja sekar.G

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon