We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Default string for empty DateTime entry in Data Grid

Hi, I am using Data bound grid. One column is of type DateTime. In certain cases( Time field is Not applicable in certain cases.), I need to display string "N/A" in the cell. Is there any way to do the same. I can not make the column of type string and fill it on my own, as I need the sort facility for this column. Thanks in advance, Bidin

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 9, 2004 08:26 PM UTC

If you put a special DateTime value (say DateTime.MinValue) in these cells, then you can use these two events to handle this tasks. this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Model.QueryCellFormattedText += new GridCellTextEventHandler(gridModel_QueryCellFormattedText); this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Model.QueryCellInfo += new GridQueryCellInfoEventHandler(gridModel_QueryCellInfo); private void gridModel_QueryCellFormattedText(object sender, GridCellTextEventArgs e) { if(e.Value.Equals(DateTime.MinValue)) { e.Text = "N/A"; e.Handled = true; } } private void gridModel_QueryCellInfo(object sender, GridQueryCellInfoEventArgs e) { if(e.Style.CellType == "MonthCalendar" && e.Style.CellValue.Equals(DateTime.MinValue)) { e.Style.ReadOnly = true; e.Style.Clickable = false; } }

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon