We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Is it possible to render UIElements to PDF ?

Hi, I have a scenario for my app. Suppos there is one or more textbox with textblock and some radio button, in short it's some kind of form. Now I want to export that form as PDF and letter it can be filled by opening that PDF and generating new PDF with filled values. Is it possible with current Syncfusion library ?

Thanks.

6 Replies

GL George Livingston Syncfusion Team January 8, 2013 06:55 AM UTC

Hi Farhan,

Currently we do not have support to convert the UI elements in the form directly to the PDF document. But it is possible to manually create form fields in the PDF document by iterating the UI elements from the form.

Please find the sample available in the link below,

FormFieldSample.zip

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

George

FA Farhan January 10, 2013 11:20 AM UTC

Thanks George, the example you have given is more helpful to me. :)

FA Farhan January 10, 2013 11:27 AM UTC

In the example you have given, I can't export button in PDF, why ? Thanks.

GL George Livingston Syncfusion Team January 15, 2013 09:12 AM UTC

Hi Farhan,

Thank you for your update.

We are not able to reproduce the issue, here with I have attached modified sample for your reference. Please find the sample and video snap shot available in the link below,

Sample Link: FormFieldSampleModified.zip

Video SnapShot: VideoSnapShot.zip

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

George

FA Farhan January 16, 2013 12:46 PM UTC

Hi,

I have tried to open file in Adobe Reader then it shows the button but the built-in Reader app doesn't show button in PDF, can you please check that use case ?

Thanks.

GL George Livingston Syncfusion Team January 17, 2013 11:50 AM UTC

Hi Farhan,

Thank you for your update.

Please use the below mentioned code snippet to get the buttons visible in the Build-in Windows PDF reader app,

doc.Form.SetDefaultAppearance(false);

Please try this and let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

George

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon