We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

auto scrollbar bug when hiding and showing rows

While testing my implementation of a simple hierarchical grid, I happened on a case where I had over a page of rows, collapsed to less than a page and had the scroll bar disappear, and then expanded and the scroll bar did not come back. What''s worse is that arrowing down into the off screen rows does not scroll then into view. Is this a known issue? My code uses SQL Server for data and it will take a little work to get you a sample that is portable, so I want to make sure this is not a known issue before I go to the trouble. Let me know... -Andy

7 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 8, 2004 12:17 PM UTC

What version of our grid are you using? Maybe you can modify this attached sample to show this problem? I could not see this problem in the attached sample and 2.0.2.1. How is your grid parented? (on the form, or in a panel or groupbox, usercontrol , ???). forumn10630_6236.zip

AB Andy Barnhart February 8, 2004 12:43 PM UTC

It is a 2.0.2.1 grid control that is on a control that is on a form. I am now having trouble reproducing it also; I had reloaded the grid several times. I was switching between sections (categories that my data is viewed in) and expanding and collapsing rows for a few minutes before it happened. My first assumption was that it had to do with the data in that section, but it appears to be more complex than that. I will let you know if it keeps reappearing and I can figure out a sequence.

AB Andy Barnhart February 9, 2004 12:01 AM UTC

I figured out how to reproduce the bug at will, but it isn''t easy to provide a simple sample. Do you have SQL Server or MSDE? I can give you the current project (it''s just some test code to eval your stuff) and a database with explicit instructions to make it happen. I have to load the grid with a fair amount of data, hide several rows, reload the grid, hide several rows to get under a page and then expand to go back over a page. Once it is trashed, it stays that way. I can reload in another section and get a scroll bar back, but it won''t take me nearly all the way through the data. Anyway, let me know if you can handle SQL Server data files to mount.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 9, 2004 08:21 AM UTC

When you say hide rows, are you actually hiding rows setting grid.Model.Hidden[rowIndex] = true; (or something equivalent)? If so, before reloading the datasource for the grid, try setting grid.Model.Rows.Hidden.ResetRange(1, grid.Model.RowCount); to see if this takes care of the problem. If you explicitly hide rows, then changing the datasource does not tell the grid to ''unhide'' anything. If that is not it, and you want to attach a sample, I use MSDE normally. But can you just call DataSet.WriteXml to save the data as an XML file, and then use DataSet.ReadXml to load the data into your project? This way there is SQL db to worry about.

AB Andy Barnhart February 9, 2004 11:25 AM UTC

I am not using a datagrid, just a grid, and load the data by hand from a reader (it screams compared to using a dataset). I use MSDE 2000 as my backend. I need to figure out what''s up with DIRECT-TRAC (it says I am already registered, but when I click on email the password, it says it does but I receive no email) so I can send the data. It''s proprietary data that I can''t post openly, even in it''s current state (barely usable port from another source). I have another problem to report that is a dev environment crash that I also need to use DIRECT-TRAC for. -Andy

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 9, 2004 12:01 PM UTC

I sent the password in a separate email.

AB Andy Barnhart February 9, 2004 12:50 PM UTC

Thanks. The code, data and instructions are in a DIRECT-TRAC incident now. I also submittted one for the VS.NET crash.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon