We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Localization in EditControl not working?

Hi,

I try to localize EditControl but not working. Almost everything I done is attached in Syncfusion.Edit.zip.

1. I found Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Edit.Localization.SR.txt for Syncfusion.Edit (Localization Set 1.1)
2. Save as Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Edit.Localization.SR.de-DE.txt and change some messages
3. Convert to resources file
4. Call al.exe with parameters as in attached file
5. Call sn -Vr ....
6. Set culture to exe as "de-DE"

Result - nothing is changed. For this situation I attach fusion logs which shows that resources are loaded for de-DE but is some error for de culture (why searching for this assembly?).

I did the same test for pl-PL culture, pl culture, with version 1.0.0.0 and 2.0.0.0 and always the same result. In polish culture I did changes to "Syncfusion\Essential Studio\10.3.0.43\Windows\Edit.Windows\Src\LocalizationSet v1.1\Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Edit.Dialogs.frmFindDialog.resources" but no changes on this dialog.

Can you please chack what am I doing wrong?
I use VS2012, .Net 4.0, Essential Studio v.10.3.0.43.

Best regards,
Klaudiusz

Syncfusion.Edit_5562a629.zip

14 Replies

BA Berkunath A Syncfusion Team December 31, 2012 10:30 AM UTC

Hi Klaudiusz ,

Thanks for your interests in syncfusion products.

Please follow the steps in the following link to achieve localization of editcontrol ,this would be helpful to you .

[User Guide]

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/windows%20forms/edit/default.htm#!Documents/localizationandglobalization.htm

Please let us know if you need any other details .

Regards ,

Berkunath A

EN enova January 2, 2013 07:31 AM UTC

Hi,

Thanks for answer. I use this tutorial. I did everythink as you describe and still dialogs and messages wasn't translated.

Bes regards,
Klaudiusz

EN enova January 2, 2013 09:20 AM UTC

Hi,

I try one more time using this tutorial and without success. I use your sn.publickey, embed only find dialog, try with pl (Polish) and pl-PL (Polish Poland) cultures, try with sattelite assmebly verstion 1.0.0.0 and 2.0.0.0 (as described in Windows.Edit source). In all situations I get neutral language settings.

Differences:
1. I use WinRes from ..\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\Bin\WinRes.exe
2. Command prompt was from VS2010

Best regards,
Klaudiusz

BA Berkunath A Syncfusion Team January 3, 2013 11:40 AM UTC

Hi Klaudiusz ,

Thanks for the update,

We are working on this incident. We will update you the more information in two business day [January 8, 2013].

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Berkunath A

EN enova January 10, 2013 08:00 AM UTC

Hi,

Do you have any information regarding to this issue?

Best regards,
Klaudiusz

BA Berkunath A Syncfusion Team January 11, 2013 03:49 AM UTC

Hi Klaudiusz ,

Thanks for the update,

Still We are working on this incident. We will update you the more information on January 16, 2013 .

Regards,

Berkunath A

EN enova January 17, 2013 09:02 AM UTC

Hi,

Did you find any solution for us?

Best regards,
Klaudiusz

BA Berkunath A Syncfusion Team January 17, 2013 09:12 AM UTC

Hi Klaudiusz ,

Sorry for the inconvenience  .

We are able to see the reported issue in EditControl . Our development team will be further working on it and fixing them. This fix will be available in upcoming release .

Please let us know if you need any other details.

Regards ,

Berkunath A

EN enova February 14, 2013 08:54 AM UTC

Hi Berkunath,

Any progress in localization? When can we expected solution?

Best regards,
Klaudiusz

BA Berkunath A Syncfusion Team February 19, 2013 09:56 AM UTC

Hi Klaudiusz ,

Thanks for the update .

We are implementing new Ilocalaization provider for support localization of EditControl . This will be in available upcoming releases . Once this feature implemented we will update you .

Please let us know if you need any other details .

Regards ,

Berkunath A

EN enova March 13, 2013 02:55 PM UTC

Hi,

Any information for us about our localization issue?

Berst regards,
Klaudiusz

PA Paul Anderson S Syncfusion Team March 18, 2013 12:55 PM UTC

Hi Klaudiusz,

Thanks for your patience,

The feature development analysis is in process. We will provide you the details about the feature before the end of March 19,2013.

Regards,
Paul Anderson S.

PA Paul Anderson S Syncfusion Team March 20, 2013 03:36 AM UTC

Hi Klaudiusz,

Thanks for your patience.

We have created a feature request for Localization support in EditControl and this feature can be tracked through our Feature Management

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/directtrac/features/8347

The feature will be available in Volume 3 release which will be in the mid of August.

Regards,
Paul Anderson S

PA Paul Anderson S Syncfusion Team September 11, 2013 12:34 PM UTC

[Customer Update]
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 5:17 AM
To: Syncfusion Support
Subject: Question about feature
Regarding this post:
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/edit-windows/106293

Do you confirm that this feature is ready in new versions (from which version)? Is it possible to use this feature on our licence?

--
Best regards,
Klaudiusz Bryja

[Solution]
Hi Klaidiusz,

Thanks for the update,

We have implemented the localization feature for EditControl in our latest version 11.3.0.30 and it can be downloaded from the below link.

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/general/111062/Essential-Studio-2013-Volume-3-Final-Release-v113030-available-for-download-

We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this release. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance.

Our records indicate that there is no valid license or evaluation download information in your account. We will therefore be unable to continue support until we receive support reinstatement or license purchase information from your Syncfusion Account Manager. If you would like to get your technical inquiries addressed by our support team, then, please contact salessupport@syncfusion.com and you will be given prompt assistance related to your subscription renewal.

Regards,
Paul Anderson S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon