We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Diagram Node Focus

Hello.

While working with the diagram control for WinRT, I have a series of nodes I create, and I want to allow them to be removed.

I have the remove button located in an appbar, my logic looks for a node that isselected and then removes if one is found. However when the appbar is shown, or I click the remove button, the node or the diagram loses focus and the selected state is lost.

How can i maintain the focus or selected state on the node? or is there another way of removing a selected node in windows 8 dev?

Thanks,

Lucas.

3 Replies

RT Ramya Thirugnanam Syncfusion Team December 21, 2012 10:15 AM UTC

Hi Lucas,

We have analyzed your query regarding “Diagram Node Focus”. It is by design, when tapped on an empty region of the page (For showing the App Bar), the selection will be cleared. Please right click on the Selected Nodes instead of right click on Page for showing the App Bar, this will resolve the reported problem.

Feature Information:
However, we have considered your requirement as feature request. We will implement this in any of our future releases. We will get back to you once this is implemented.

Please let us know if you have any concerns,
Regards,
Ramya

LM Lucas Moffitt December 21, 2012 11:19 AM UTC

Hey Ramya,

Thanks for the reply.

While this is a good feature for the future and i'm glad you're including it.

Is there anything I can do in the meantime to avoid the selected node from losing focus? Could I subclass the Node and override the lostfocus? Are you able to explain how the functionality works if there is a way around it?

Thanks,

Lucas.

RT Ramya Thirugnanam Syncfusion Team December 24, 2012 11:02 AM UTC

Hi Lucas,

We have analyzed your query regarding “Diagram Node Focus”. As a workaround, we have created a simple sample for your reference. Please refer to the sample from the attachment.

Work Around:
In this sample, we have handled the PointerPressed event of the immediate child of the Scroll Viewer (Internal Scroll Viewer).

Please let us know if you have any concerns,
Regards,
Ramya

106258_5975649a.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon