We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Essential Grid invisible and deprecated Microsoft.Ajax.js

Hi all,

Hopefully a quick question.  I have seen on other posts and topics why the grid will be invisible.  From what i can gather in my instance its because the Microsoft.Ajax js files are missing.  When i start a new mvc 4.5 application it does not have these files, they have been replaced with jquery.unobtrusive-ajax and jquery.validate.  I have placed these files in the bundle to see if they will work, however my grid is still hidden. 

Does anyone know how i can get the grid visible using the jquery ajax instead of the microsoft ajax?

Many thanks

Phill

5 Replies

PB Phill Barnes December 17, 2012 03:40 PM UTC

OK so its not the microsoft ajax as i have attempted to use those files as requested.  It appears this issue is occuring on other items to.  I have added a button the page and it also has its visibility set to hidden.  I have gone through everything on http://help.syncfusion.com/UG/User%20Interface/ASP.NET%20MVC/Grid/default.htm#!documents/614howtoavoidgridinv.htm which is items to avoid invisibility. 

Its strange, everythign is rendered and if i change the inline style using firebug the grid and button show fine.  Why is is visibility false? :(  Any help explaining whats going on would be appreciated

RR Ranjithkumar R G Syncfusion Team December 21, 2012 04:56 AM UTC

Hi Phill,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

We are sorry for inconvenience caused. We are unable to reproduce the issue. We have prepared a simple sample and the same can be downloaded from the below link. Could you please try the above sample and get back to us whether you are able to reproduce the issue? If not, could you please give more information or by reproducing the issue in the above sample so that we could sort out the issue and provide you with solution. The information provided would be of great help in resolving the issue.

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Ranjithkumar

MvcApplication2_bc908b29.zip

CM Chris McNear January 16, 2013 08:01 PM UTC

The issue at hand is that it is a very reproducable problem.  Using MVC4 (which you say you support) the Microsoft.Ajax.* scripts are not included by default.  Your extension does not add them to the project when doing an upgrade from a standard MVC project to a syncfusion project.  This means that they need to be manually added from another project that hopefully has them.

However these scripts have been deprecated and should no longer be used, hence they are not added by default in a MVC4 project.....

Thoughts?

RR Ranjithkumar R G Syncfusion Team January 23, 2013 04:15 AM UTC

Hi Chris,

Thanks for sharing your information.

We have forwarded your query to our development team for further analysis. We will update you in two business days.

Regards,
Ranjithkumar.

RR Ranjithkumar R G Syncfusion Team January 25, 2013 12:56 PM UTC

Hi Chris,

Please find the below reasons why it is difficult to render grid without Microsoft AJAX.

1.  1 .  We are using Syncfusion tools MVC controls like editors, buttons, menu as a sub controls in grid so we need to modify all these controls without using MicrosoftAjax scripts .

2.       Also we have provided custom client scripts to the existing customer based on the MicrosoftAjax scripts(For example $find to find the object of the control or element) and if we remove the MicrosoftAjax scripts(implementing grid without using MicrosoftAjax scripts). will create a great impact on custom script for the all our existing customer.

Please let us know if you have any concern.

Regards,

Ranjithkumar

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon