We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Pregenerating CSS/JS files

Is it possible to have the CSS and JS files generated without the style/script managers?

I am interested in using SASS for the CSS and also to embed by resources in a DLL that will be accessed by web app. Using the Syncfusion managers is not ideal. I routinely minimize and combine my files so that they only have to be referenced once (and browser cached) by my app.

I realize I can pull them from a working site with all the required components and start there. Would I run into any issues (especially on the js side) if I went this route?

6 Replies

TB Tony Basallo December 17, 2012 02:11 PM UTC

Bump.

ME Meena Syncfusion Team December 19, 2012 12:25 PM UTC

Hi Tony,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion forums.

Yes, it is possible to generate the CSS of our controls without StyleManager(), but it is not possible to generate the scripts with ScriptManager(). The script files will be loaded only after we rendered the ScriptManager() in our application.

Please refer the below online UG link for more details on StyleManager() and ScriptManager().

StyleManager: http://help.syncfusion.com/UG/User%20Interface/ASP.NET%20MVC/Common%20MVC/default.htm#!documents/addingstylemanagertoanapplication.htm

ScriptManager: http://help.syncfusion.com/UG/User%20Interface/ASP.NET%20MVC/Common%20MVC/default.htm#!documents/addingscriptmanagertoanapplication.htm

Please let us know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,

Meena

TB Tony Basallo January 18, 2013 07:12 PM UTC

The links provided do not provide information on pre-generating the CSS. Is there an article or sample that discusses how to do this?

ME Meena Syncfusion Team January 22, 2013 12:58 PM UTC

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the update.

We had introduced a new assembly called “Syncfusion.Theme.Base” in our Vol3, 2012 release (v10.3.0.43) for rich theming support. This “Syncfusion.Theme.Base” dll would load all css required for the control before the control gets loaded. “Syncfusion.Theme.Base” dll needs to be in GAC for pregenerating the css. If the dll is not in GAC, we need to add  the assembly in application reference and web.config manually.

We have not yet added documentation about this assembly and its concepts. We will update our online documentation with this in our upcoming releases.

Please let us know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,

Meena

TB Tony Basallo April 7, 2013 06:57 PM UTC

I really require a way to pre-generate the CSS. Due to the way you load CSS file, it is increasingly difficult to override your CSS and to integrate with other items in my suite.

At this point I will be forced to copy your CSS from an executed page and use that as my base - that doesn't make a lot of sense and creates more work for me - your customer.

So, how can I get all the required CSS for whatever controls I want so that I can manage them on my own?

ME Meena Syncfusion Team April 12, 2013 05:05 AM UTC

Hi Tony,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Your requirement of obtaining the css of Syncfusion controls which you are using in your application can be achieved using our Theme Studio concept. We had introduced a new concept called “Theme Studio” in our latest release, for customizing the css and downloading the css files of various controls dynamically. Please refer the below online Theme Studio link.

http://mvc.syncfusion.com/ThemeStudio/

Here you have option for customizing the css of all controls dynamically and option for downloading the css files.

Kindly have a look at the above link and let us know if this would meet requirement.

Regards,

Meena

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon