We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Sizing on print

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

106039 Dec 5,2012 05:52 PM Dec 21,2012 07:31 AM ASP.NET Web Forms (Classic) 3
Tags: PDF
Administrator [Syncfusion]
Asked On December 5, 2012 05:52 PM

I'm trying to have my PDF print when it opens.  So I added a PdfJavaScriptAction of "this.print(true);".  When it opens the print dialog, the sizing is set to "actual size".  Because IE opens an actual Actobat window, I noticed that if I cancel the print dialog that comes up automatically, and click print again, the default sizing is set to "fit".

Is there any way to set in the PDF or metadata that the default sizing be Fit or Shrink Oversized Documents, or are there any other javascript parameters or functions I can use to adjust the setting?

Praveenkumar H [Syncfusion]
Replied On December 10, 2012 06:53 AM

Hi Brian,

Thank you for using syncfusion product,

you can use the following code snippet to set the default sizing to be fit while printing the document.

"PdfJavaScriptAction javaAction=new PdfJavaScriptAction("this.print({bShrinkToFit:true});"); ".

please let us know if you concern.

with regards,

Praveen

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On December 19, 2012 12:48 PM

Worked like a champ.  Searched around, but couldn't find a decent doc on what can be passed to that function to affect behavior.  Thanks!

Praveenkumar H [Syncfusion]
Replied On December 21, 2012 07:31 AM

Hi Brian,

Thank you for your update.

We are glad to hear that the issue has been resolved.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

With regards,

Praveen

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;