We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GridControl BeginUpdate + Application.DoEvents

If Application.DoEvents is called when a grid has had BeginUpdate called the app freezes. 

I found a similar thread which seemed to describe what I'm seeing, but was from 2002 :/

This is 9.4.2 Winforms GridControl.

3 Replies

AK Arun Kumar V Syncfusion Team November 27, 2012 01:44 PM UTC

Hi Ian,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Query:

App freezes when the grid has BeginUpdate.

I am afraid we could not able to clearly get your question, so I had provided answer for what I had understood. App freezes when using BeginUpdate. Please refer to the following UG link to better understand of BeginUpdate. It would be great if we get a sample file or method which seems to cause the reported problem had been found (These details will help us provide you better solution since we could not able to clearly identify your query).

UgLink:http://help.syncfusion.com/UG/User%20Interface/Windows%20Forms/Grid/default.htm#!documents/thegridcontrolindexertechnique.htm

Please let me know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,

Arun.

IB ian bradley November 27, 2012 04:38 PM UTC

I'll try and provide a reproduceable case. It's complicated as the grid is virtualised and there are a lot of other things going on.

This thread here describes the problem pretty well (from 2002!!)

grid.BeginUpdate();
Application.DoEvents(); <-- hangs
Grid.EndUpdate();

AK Arun Kumar V Syncfusion Team November 28, 2012 11:22 AM UTC

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the update.

Query:

App freezes when the grid has beginupdate.

We will wait until we get a reproducible sample file from you side.

Notes:

Please refer to the following complete forum discussion of what you had mentioned about for full details.

Suggestion:

A simple way to work around this problem is to call grid.CancelUpdate before your call to DoEvents. And if you want, you could call grid.BeginUpdate afterwards.

Forum Link: http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/grid-windows/1808

Please let me know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,

Arun.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon