We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

refreshing data after applying filter

Hi, I would like to apply a filter to a gridhierdatabound grid and all of its child grids based on a menu selection. Is there any example somewhere on how to do this? I don''t want to lose any of the changes the user may have made to the grid before applying the filter Thanks again!

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 5, 2004 05:56 PM UTC

You set the parentDataTable.DefaultView.RowFilter property to the row filter you want to apply..

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 5, 2004 07:53 PM UTC

THanks, that worked great. I noticed that when I try to apply the filter when I am still on a record that was just edited, I sometimes get an error '' no row at position one''. Is there some way to commit changes to all records before applying the filter? >You set the parentDataTable.DefaultView.RowFilter property to the row filter you want to apply..

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 5, 2004 09:05 PM UTC

Try calling grid.CurrentCell.EndEdit() and grid.Binder.EndEdit() before setting the filter.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 5, 2004 09:42 PM UTC

THanks >Try calling grid.CurrentCell.EndEdit() and grid.Binder.EndEdit() before setting the filter.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon