We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

refreshing data after applying filter

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

10568 Feb 5,2004 12:44 PM Feb 5,2004 04:42 PM Windows Forms 4
Tags: GridControl
Administrator [Syncfusion]
Asked On February 5, 2004 12:44 PM

Hi, I would like to apply a filter to a gridhierdatabound grid and all of its child grids based on a menu selection. Is there any example somewhere on how to do this? I don''t want to lose any of the changes the user may have made to the grid before applying the filter Thanks again!

Replied On February 5, 2004 12:56 PM

You set the parentDataTable.DefaultView.RowFilter property to the row filter you want to apply..

Replied On February 5, 2004 02:53 PM

THanks, that worked great. I noticed that when I try to apply the filter when I am still on a record that was just edited, I sometimes get an error '' no row at position one''. Is there some way to commit changes to all records before applying the filter? >You set the parentDataTable.DefaultView.RowFilter property to the row filter you want to apply..

Replied On February 5, 2004 04:05 PM

Try calling grid.CurrentCell.EndEdit() and grid.Binder.EndEdit() before setting the filter.

Replied On February 5, 2004 04:42 PM

THanks >Try calling grid.CurrentCell.EndEdit() and grid.Binder.EndEdit() before setting the filter.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;