We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

AppStateSerializer extension

Is there a way to change the default extension from .bin to something else? Thanks. Doug

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 5, 2004 05:12 PM UTC

Hi Doug, The AppStateSerializer supports the following serialization modes : (i) IsolatedStorage (ii) BinaryFile (iii)XMLFile (iv) WindowsRegistry (v) XMLFmtStream (vi) BinaryFmtStream You could specify any of the above modes using the SerializeMode enumeration value as follows : AppStateSerializer serializer = new AppStateSerializer(SerializeMode.XMLFile, fileName); Please refer to the Class Reference for more information. Thanks for your continued interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

DO Doug February 6, 2004 12:02 PM UTC

Thank you for your reply. I suppose my question wasn't clear enough. I am calling: AppStateSerializer serializer = new AppStateSerializer(SerializeMode.BinaryFile,fileName); I want to save the the binary file, but when it saves, it always puts ".bin" at the end of the fileName. Is there any way to change this? I want the extension to be something different than ".bin". Thanks. Doug

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 6, 2004 01:58 PM UTC

Hi Doug, Thanks for the clarification. It is possible to do so if you have the source code by modifying the AppStateSerializer class file. Please create an incident in Direct Trac in this regard, and I will update you there with more information. Thanks for your cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon