We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

setting text of combo based on selection from gridlist

Hi, I have a gridlist control, when the user makes a selection from this control I need to run a query to retrieve two other values from a table and populate the text box portion of two other combos in the same row with these values. You sent me a sample of how to determine the list in one combo based on the selection in another one, but this is a little different. The basic sql I need to use is: "select gender from leverage where target_id =" & CType (target_id.CellValue, String) and then I need to set the value of another cell of cell type combo to the results of this query. I want to leave the drop down list itself the same and just change the text. Do you have any examples of this?

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 5, 2004 05:44 PM UTC

You can handle CurrentCellAcceptedChanges, and in your handler, get the values you want to set in the other cells, and set them. Here is a sample that sets columns 2 and 3 when you change column 1. forum_10559_5278.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 5, 2004 06:55 PM UTC

Thanks a lot! Do you have an example in VB rather than C#? >You can handle CurrentCellAcceptedChanges, and in your handler, get the values you want to set in the other cells, and set them. > >Here is a sample that sets columns 2 and 3 when you change column 1. > > >forum_10559_5278.zip > >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 5, 2004 08:44 PM UTC

Please disregard my last message - this works great now! >Thanks a lot! Do you have an example in VB rather than C#? > >>You can handle CurrentCellAcceptedChanges, and in your handler, get the values you want to set in the other cells, and set them. >> >>Here is a sample that sets columns 2 and 3 when you change column 1. >> >> >>forum_10559_5278.zip >> >>

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon