We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

CellValue error

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

10550 Feb 5,2004 07:49 AM Feb 5,2004 09:07 AM Windows Forms 2
Tags: GridControl
Steli Andrei
Asked On February 5, 2004 07:49 AM

On my GridDataBoundGrid in some places, in the CurrentCellChanged event I was getting the new value in the cell by calling: Me.grid.Item(X, Y).CellValue, where X, Y where the RowIndex and ColIndex (this was in 1.5.0.x version) and I was getting a Text value. Now I''ve updated to 1.6.0.x) and all that code now errors out: instead of my Text value I do get a DataRowView object. Why this change ? Was the CellValue not suppose to be used ? or I was using it wrong. I know that I can get the cell value also with: me.grid.CurrentCell.Rendered....

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On February 5, 2004 07:58 AM

Does this cell contain a ComboBox ecll or a GridListControl cell? If so, you should check to make sure you have set the style.Displaymember and style.ValueMember properly. If the ValueMember is not correct, you will get a DataRowView object in this situation.

Steli Andrei
Replied On February 5, 2004 09:07 AM

Yes, some bounded columns have a CellType of GridListControl but only the DisplayMember was set. The ValueMember wasn''t. But it works now. Also, the problem that I was having with: "Column ''ProductID'' does not belong to table Table" seems to be gone. Thank you !

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;