We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

CellValue error

On my GridDataBoundGrid in some places, in the CurrentCellChanged event I was getting the new value in the cell by calling: Me.grid.Item(X, Y).CellValue, where X, Y where the RowIndex and ColIndex (this was in 1.5.0.x version) and I was getting a Text value. Now I''ve updated to 1.6.0.x) and all that code now errors out: instead of my Text value I do get a DataRowView object. Why this change ? Was the CellValue not suppose to be used ? or I was using it wrong. I know that I can get the cell value also with: me.grid.CurrentCell.Rendered....

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 5, 2004 12:58 PM UTC

Does this cell contain a ComboBox ecll or a GridListControl cell? If so, you should check to make sure you have set the style.Displaymember and style.ValueMember properly. If the ValueMember is not correct, you will get a DataRowView object in this situation.

SA Steli Andrei February 5, 2004 02:07 PM UTC

Yes, some bounded columns have a CellType of GridListControl but only the DisplayMember was set. The ValueMember wasn''t. But it works now. Also, the problem that I was having with: "Column ''ProductID'' does not belong to table Table" seems to be gone. Thank you !

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon