We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Getting Null reference exception while displaying conteny in pdf viewer

hi,
I am using ASP.NET mvc3.In that I am using pdf viewer and I want to implement this using" memory stream".I did like
 public ActionResult Index(string docId)
        {
           if(docId != null)
          var query =  docContext.My_general_profile_docs.Join(docContext.My_general_profile_doc_details, i => new  i.Docs_general_profile_doc_id, j => j.Docs_general_profile_doc_id,
                            (i, j) => new
                            {
                                docs_general_profile_doc = i.Docs_general_profile_doc
                               }).FirstOrDefault();

byte[] buff = query.docs_general_profile_doc;
                MemoryStream mmystrm = new MemoryStream(buff);
                Stream r = mmystrm;

PdfLoadedDocument pdfDoc = new PdfLoadedDocument(mmystrm);
                MemoryStream m = new MemoryStream();
                pdfDoc.Save(m);
                Stream input = m;
                ViewData["doc"] = input;
               }
            return View();
        }
and in the view I gave like
<div id="update" style="padding: 15px 5px 3px 5px;">          @{Html.Syncfusion().PdfViewer("PdfViewerModel").Load((Stream)ViewData["doc"]).Width(System.Web.UI.WebControls.Unit.Pixel(900)).Render();}
 </div>
I am getting bytes at the ViewData["doc"] but In the view It is throwing "Null Reference Exception",can u tell me how to fix this

1 Reply

MN Meikanda Nayanar Syncfusion Team November 9, 2012 01:12 PM UTC

Hi Charan,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

We created a simple PdfViewer sample to perform loading a Pdf document form stream in MVC and attached the sample in the below link.

Sample: PdfViewer_Stream.zip

Could you please try this sample and let us know whether this suits your requirement.

Regards,

Meikandan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon