We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

parent_child_child_dropdowns sample

Hello, I have a parent grid that drops down two databoundgrids. I have used code almost identical to that in the sample in the subject line. The only difference is that I need a handler to format each child dropdown - ie add combo boxes for some cells and dropdowngrids for others. In the past I only one child dropdown and added the formatting handler in the gridhierdataboundgrid class (as in most samples). Any ideas on how to format these 2 grids? I''ve attached the sample I''m using. Thanks! parent_child_child_dropdowns_7827.zip

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 5, 2004 06:46 AM UTC

If the formatting for each of the two grids is static, you can add 2 format methods to the form, and just call them from FormLoad after setting the datasources in the grids. If the formatting varies in the same grid depending upon the dropped contents, then you can call your formatting method from the CurrentCellShowingDropDown event. forum_parent_child_child_Dropdown_5740.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 5, 2004 02:11 PM UTC

Thanks again! >If the formatting for each of the two grids is static, you can add 2 format methods to the form, and just call them from FormLoad after setting the datasources in the grids. > >If the formatting varies in the same grid depending upon the dropped contents, then you can call your formatting method from the CurrentCellShowingDropDown event. > >forum_parent_child_child_Dropdown_5740.zip > >

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon