We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Disable row multi-select on mouse move

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

105445 Oct 25,2012 02:43 PM Oct 31,2012 12:21 PM WPF 2
Tags: GridControl
Michael Philbrick
Asked On October 25, 2012 02:43 PM

Greetings,
I am using the following settings:

AutoFocusCurrentItem = false;
AllowSelection = GridSelectionFlags.Row;
ListBoxSelectionMode = GridSelectionMode.MultiExtended;

When DoDragDrop in PreviewMouseMove is called the selection of additional rows stops and it is placed in drag mode. If DoDragDrop is not called then moving the mouse selects additional rows.

I would like the selection mode to function like this all the time -- in other words, I never want the user to be able to select multiple rows by dragging the mouse. I still want the user to be able to select multiple rows by a combination of Ctrl-MouseDown and Shift-MouseDown.

How do I achieve this?

Michael Philbrick
Replied On October 25, 2012 03:31 PM

More information ...

I have also tried AutoFocusCurrentItem = true and there does not seem to be a difference.

I noticed that even though multiple rows are highlighted when the mouse is clicked and is moved the selection list does not change. In fact, when I set ListBoxSelectionMode = GridSelectionMode.One I noticed that it took two clicks to update the selection.

So, if these rows are being "highlighted" when moving the mouse, what is the point if they are not being selected? I would rather have the grid only highlight items that are actually in the SelectedItems list. It seems very confusing.

Rajasekar G [Syncfusion]
Replied On October 31, 2012 12:21 PM

Hi Michael,

We updated the solution for this query in incident #100484

Thanks,

Raja sekar.G

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;