We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

SetEnableDocking

Up until the last 2.0.2.1 beta, I was using this call G_dockingManager.SetEnableDocking( this , false ); to enable / disable docking of a control. Now, when I call it, crash. Nullref in Syncfusion.Shared.dll. Any changes there I should be aware of?

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 5, 2004 09:12 PM UTC

Hi Randy, I have created a simple application as per your specifications in v2.0.2.1, and the DockingManager''s SetEnableDocking method seemed to work fine here. I have attached the test_sample here. Please try this sample on your machine and let me know how it goes. Also let me know the version of VS.NET and the OS that you are using. In future, please post all Essential Tools related questions on the Tools Forum. We appreciate your cooperation, and thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

RK Randy Kennison February 6, 2004 05:46 PM UTC

I have Form1 ( main form ) in an app. Form2 is created and shown. Form2 has a Popupmenu. When form2 is right clicked, and a the popup menu is used to change from "dockable" to "form" mode, the application will crash. BUT ONLY when going from dockable to form mode. Not the other way around. Consequently, if you place 2 buttons on form1, dock/undock, and do it from there, it works, even with the popup menu still attached to form2. This behavior did not occur prior to 2.0.2.1 beta. Is there a work around? I can''t debug it, as it''s somewhere in the syncfusion shared.dll file. I''m using Windows XP and .NET 1.1. Attached is a sample. >Hi Randy, > >I have created a simple application as per your specifications in v2.0.2.1, and the DockingManager''s SetEnableDocking method seemed to work fine here. I have attached the test_sample here. Please try this sample on your machine and let me know how it goes. Also let me know the version of VS.NET and the OS that you are using. > >In future, please post all Essential Tools related questions on the Tools Forum. We appreciate your cooperation, and thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. > >Regards, >Guru Patwal >Syncfusion, Inc. > enabledisableform_8595.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 6, 2004 08:25 PM UTC

Hi Randy, Thanks for the additional information and also for the sample application. I have created an incident - #9137 on Direct Trac in this regard, and will update you there from now on. Thanks for your cooperation, and we appreciate your feedback on this issue. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon