We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

MVVM Chart with the ability to dynamically add data series

Could someone provide an example of the proper setup, binding, etc.  of a program utilizing the wpf charts in an MVVM design that will allow for dynamic data series addition.  I have the samples for multiple charts that is in MVVM but relies on a finite amount of data series' being declared in the xaml.  I also have a solution that can dynamically add data series from another post but it relies on the code behind the window with the graph element in it and being able to reference the chart element directly.  I am trying to make a program that will graph an unlimited amount of data series on a single graph without know how many data series need to be graphed beforehand but it has to be in the Model, View, ViewModel design pattern.

1 Reply

MP Michael Prabhu M Syncfusion Team October 8, 2012 04:52 AM UTC

Hi Aaron,

Sorry for the delay in getting back at this.

We have analyzed your requirement and we like to inform you that without knowing how many series we want to add in a chart, it is not possible to achieve your requirement in MVVM design. But this can be achieved in code behind which you are already aware of. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Thanks,

Michael Prabhu.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon