We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Grid and Chart on same screen ?

VS2012, VB.Net, ASPX, Latest Enterprise

I have a MVC project working great with 2 screens containing grids. I have added a chart to both screens and now I get the following error:-

[A]Syncfusion.Mvc.Shared.MvcStaticResourceManager cannot be cast to [B]Syncfusion.Mvc.Shared.MvcStaticResourceManager.
Type A originates from 'Syncfusion.Shared.Mvc, Version=10.324.0.43, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89' in the context 'Default' at location 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Syncfusion.Shared.Mvc\v4.0_10.324.0.43__3d67ed1f87d44c89\Syncfusion.Shared.Mvc.dll'.
Type B originates from 'Syncfusion.Shared.Mvc, Version=10.344.0.43, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89' in the context 'Default' at location 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Syncfusion.Shared.Mvc\v4.0_10.344.0.43__3d67ed1f87d44c89\Syncfusion.Shared.Mvc.dll'.

I have changed web.config to show either 10.324.0.43 or  10.334.0.43 or 10.344.0.43 but I still get an error. It seems that Chart and Grid cannot reside in the same screen ????

thanks
John

3 Replies

SD Sivakumar D Syncfusion Team September 25, 2012 11:10 AM UTC

Hi John,

Thanks for using syncfusion products.

We suspect that the error seems to be different assembly version of Shared.MVC referred in the same project (i.e. grid product refers Shared.MVC  version of 10.324.0.43 and chart refers the 10.344.0.43 version of Shared.MVC that leads version conflict issue). Because you are using two products in single application  causes the version conflict issue. Could you please check the version of Shared.MVC in the project  and Web.config file  or Please send the sample to us  which reproduces the issue. So that we can sort out the issue and provide you with the solution.

Please let us know your concerns.

Thanks,

Siva

JH John Hind September 26, 2012 01:47 PM UTC

To stop the error occuring I have removed "Html.Syncfusion().ScriptManager()" from Site.Master and placed it in the screens with the Chart and Grid controls.

John

SD Sivakumar D Syncfusion Team September 28, 2012 12:21 PM UTC

Hi John,

Thanks for your update.

We are glad to know that your issue has been resolved. Please let us know if you have any other concerns so that we will be happy to help you out.

Regards,

Siva

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon