We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

change column type

Stefan thanks for all your excellent support. I have a little question to change the appearance of one column. I have a DataSet attached to the gripGroup.DataSource. One element in the DataSet is of type date. But I would like to have this rendered as just plain string text: "Sunday, November 1, 2003" I''ve been trying to change a column appearance. But till so far unsuccesfull. Question to you is: how can I change one column type, and secondly any tips to increase the rendering speed. Is there any information I could cache? Imagine I have 500 items in the gridGroup control. With maybe 6 columns. And an appearance view of 40 rows? Regards, Marco

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 3, 2004 10:31 PM UTC

Marco, Try changing the "Format" property for the RecordFieldCell Appearance object. Make also sure the column is of type "DateTime". If not set the RecordFieldCell Appearance "CellValueType" property to be DateTime. Example for changing the Format: groupingGrid.TableDescriptor.Columns["DateTimeColname"].Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.Format = "D"; Regarding caching - you shouldn''t worry about that. It is the job of the engine within its element collections to do the caching and we still plan on improving this. There are some strategic places where we will put more caching in place. Also make sure to use the Release version of the libraries when you check performance. Stefan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon