We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

The need for speed

Seems that a lot of issues are getting resolved by the development team rather quickly. My compliments. However there is one issue what is bothering me. Everytime more and more functionality is made available. And more properties become customizable. All great, however I''ve got the feeling that this has as side effect that the code runs slower and slower. I''ve got only a pentium 4. And I have to wait really to long to view e.g. a gridGroupBox the first time, and to move from the first record to the last record. There is noticable time difference depending on the number of cells what is showing simultateously. Problem is that I only use maybe 5% - 10% of the features. And I''m happy to buy the components for this. But I''m afraid that all the additional features is making it all too slow. I wonder if I have to swith to unmanaged code for GUI features? I really can''t say that the minimal hardware requirements have to be an Athlon 3200 64 bit processing. So this all leaves me wondering, will the 2.x release be a bit more optimized for speed! Or if there are other tips available that would be great as well to address this issue. Regards, Marco

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 3, 2004 10:46 PM UTC

Marco, thanks for the compliments and interest in our products. With the grouping behavoir of the grid we definitely plan on having performance improvents. Since everything is new with regards to grouping there is still room for improvement and there are strategic places within the colletcions where we will be adding caches that should increase performance. The Tools team also worked on improvements to have faster startup times when XPMenus are used. Stefan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon