We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

ExcelToPdfConverter: Layout on PDF is totally different from the one on excel

Hi.

I am trying to convert an excel file into PDF by using ExcelToPdfConverter (Syncfusion.XlsIO.Base, version 9.303.0.61), but the layout is totally wrong.  First of all, the left side excel cells starts on the middle of the pdf file, and it looks like the rows are wrapped (so the right side excel cells are on the left side of the left side excel cells on pdf).  Secondly, none of my images on the excel file are not showing on the pdf.  Also, the same rows/cells are repeated one more time (so I have the same data twice).  I'm sure it is some formatting/setting issues of the converter, and I'm wondering how to set the converter to make it right.  Right now I have a very simple setting for the converter.

Dim filePath As String = strTargetPath & strTargetFileName.Replace(".pdf", ".xlsx")

Dim converter As New ExcelToPdfConverter(filePath)

Dim pdfSettings As New ExcelToPdfConverterSettings()

Dim pdfDoc As New PdfDocument()

Dim finalDoc As New PdfDocument()

pdfSettings.LayoutOptions = LayoutOptions.FitSheetOnOnePage

pdfSettings.TemplateDocument = pdfDoc

pdfSettings.DisplayGridLines = GridLinesDisplayStyle.Invisible

pdfDoc = converter.Convert(pdfSettings)

pdfDoc.Save(paramExportFilePath)

pdfDoc.Close()

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply

SR Sridhar Syncfusion Team July 18, 2012 09:23 AM UTC

Hi Megumi Takahashi,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

In order to reproduce the above reported issues with ExcelToPDF converter we require an Excel sample file which reproduces the above issues. So we request to open a new direct-trac incident with a simple issue reproducing excel file to proceed further on this issue.

Direct – Trac Link:
https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Please let me know if you require any further clarifications.

Thanks,
Sridhar.S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon