We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Active Text

What is the purpose of a cell model''s ''activeTextValue''? This seems to be reeking havoc on my virtual grid. I don''t seem to be using this for anything but internally, when a cell''s text is to be drawn, the method ''Model.GetFormattedOrActiveTextAt'' is being called which often returns old, bad values from the activeTextValue. I''m finding myself fighting this thing quite a bit - is there anyway I can simply bypass this and always return the style''s Formatted text (without, of course, having to override or modify your code)? Thanks, Terry

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 2, 2004 02:12 PM UTC

This property should be retaining the value of an actively editing cell control. So if your user has typed ''123'' in cell that originally had ''ab'' in it, the active text should be 123 while the cell is still active. Now if your external datasource changes the value of an actively editing cell, this change will not be reflected unless you do something to cause the current cell to reset this value. Normally, when your external datasource updates, you have to call grid.Refresh or grid.RefreshRange to tell the grid to repaint to show the new values. If you want the currentcell to be refreshed as well, you can call grid.RefreshRange(range, true);. The second parameter tells the grid to refresh the currentcell.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon