We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

ComboBoxCell issues

In this example I''m trying to simulate a GDBG we are currently using in our application. GDBD settings: - Model.Options.ActivateCurrentCellBehavior = GridCellActivateAction.DblClickOnCell - Model.Options.EnterKeyBehavior = GridDirectionType.Down - TableStyle.ShowButtons = GridShowButtons.ShowCurrentRow Having ActivationCurrentCellBehavior in DlbClick it will possible to Show DropDown list in any ComboBoxCell using Click or when you start typing the drop down list will be shown automatically. Those 2 behaviors are accomplished through a custom ComboBoxCell overriding: - OnClick - OnStartEditing This is the list of issues I''ve been able to detect so far: Case A: 1. Click on the drop down column (list will be shown) 2. type ''None'' 3. Press ENTER Nothing happens (CellValue is not saved) Case B: 1. Start typing ''N'' 2. Neither ''None'' or ''Nano'' are selected Case C: 1. Click on the drop down column (list will be shown) 2. select ''None'' using Mouse 3. CellValue is saved Any suggestion on how avoid this issues? Thanks in advance Combo2_8114.zip

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 30, 2004 10:33 PM UTC

Here is your sample back. I think all the problems have been handled with some work-around code. I think all the changes are marked with //added but you may need to do a WinDiff or something to make sure. One big change was to set some datasource to the combobox so a datasource is available in the style object for user when the droplist is not being shown. What ever is set there probably needs to be consistent with the datasources you want to provide in the currentcellshowingdropdown event. Also, the Enter key was not working when the next row was the AddNew row. It worked as long as the next row had data. I used version 2021 to check these things out.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon