We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

I require to change the background of the selected cell in the GridDataControl different from the given VisualStyle

Hello Team,

I apologise if the similar question has been asked before, as due to urgency i haven't gone through the forums in detailed manner.

As the subject depicts, I am using GridDataControl in my application, to which i have set VisualStyle="DefaultOffice2007Silver" and ShowFilterBar="True".

Now when i click on cell in Grid control or in the filter bar, the selected cell shows the same blue colour as it is when i select a row. My requirement is to change the selected cell to some light visible colour (probably white) so the user can easily identify the cell selected, without changing the visual style.

Intially we were using the version 8.403 dll which had the same behaviour what i required but we have now upgraded to 10.104 dll's, and hence assuming the change in behaviour.

Request to kindly answer the query asap as it is bit urgent.

Thanks,

Mansi

Highlight_Issue_1d4038b8.zip

3 Replies

RG Rajasekar G Syncfusion Team May 30, 2012 06:27 PM UTC

Hi Mansi,

Please find the requested sample in the below location,

Sample location: SyncGDC_94812.zip

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Thanks,
Rajasekar

MA Mansi June 1, 2012 08:04 AM UTC

Hi Rajasekar,

Thanks for replying back.

In the example you have attached the cell definately gets highlighted on the grid when selected, but this doesn't happen in the FilterBar. The example i had attached before actually contains the screenshot of the filterbar and not the cell in the grid.

I want to highlight the selected cell in the filter bar as well, which i think i can't because the visual style is such.

Can i modify that as well...?

Thanks, Mansi

SK S. Kannan Syncfusion Team June 27, 2012 06:04 AM UTC

Hi Mansi,

Apologies for the delay.

We have achieved your requirement by overriding the FilterBar Cell Renderer class and created a sample application and it can be downloaded from the below location.

Sample Location: SyncGDC_94812.zip

Note: - We will make this as default behavior in our upcoming Volume 3 release 10.3 and it is scheduled to release in the Mid of July 2012.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Kannan. S

103724_69f7336a.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon