We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Error with MVC3 in Essential Studio Enterprise Edition

Hello there,

I have downloaded Essential Studio Enterprise Edition, 30 days trial pack,

I install Essential Studio and try to run Examples, it game me an error like this.

I also try to run individual project, it is throwing this exception

Assembly 'Syncfusion.DemoUtility.MVC, Version=10.104.0.44, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89' uses 'System.Web.Mvc, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'
which has a higher version than referenced assembly 'System.Web.Mvc, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' c:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\10.1.0.44\Assemblies\4.0\Syncfusion.DemoUtility.MVC.dll MVCSampleBrowser_2010.

VS2008, VS2010, MVC3 are already install on system.
Please let me know how I can solve this issue.

Thank you,
Regards,
Nikunj Patel

1 Reply

VK Vijayabharathi K Syncfusion Team April 27, 2012 06:09 AM UTC

Hi Nikunj,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Query 1) “” error?

Could you please confirm when did you get this (Query 1) error whether run the ASP.NET MVC sample from Syncfusion dashboard or other case?

Query 2)” Assembly 'Syncfusion.DemoUtility.MVC, Version=10.104.0.44 … MVCSampleBrowser_2010.” Error?

The sample error occurred due to run the MVC sample in debug mode via Visual Studio. Could you please change the configuration manager as Debug MVC3 to run the locally installed sample in MVC3?Please refer the attached screenshot to set the configuration manager as Debug MVC3.

Run the sample in MVC2:
While installing Essential Studio, MVC3 assemblies will be automatically added to the GAC. So, if you want to run the sample in MVC2, we need to switch MVC3 assemblies to MVC2 using MVC2 switcher from utilities and then run the assembly manager from Syncfusion dash board.

You may refer to the following documentation link for more information on switching MVC2 and MVC3 assemblies.

http://help.syncfusion.com/UG/User%20Interface/ASP.NET%20MVC/Chart/documents/howtoswitchbetweenmvc2andmvc3assembliesin91version.htm

Note: if MVC2 assemblies installed in your system - set the configuration mode as “Debug/Release”.

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Vijayabharathi

SampleInVS_eb29e052.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon