We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Several issues

Hello,

in some posts here you suggest to set the logical model size to "large values" when you want to have quasi unlimited drawing area.

This does work very restrictive only. First off the maximum size is obviously less than 100000 pixels. But effectively you cannot use even this because you get a lot of exceptions raised from GDI and your components when you do so.

Second as I'm visualizing processes that result into diagrams with a couple thousand connect nodes in a hierarchy the diagram size cannot be enlarged far enough to display the auto layouted hierarchy. This would require more than currently usable pixels. If it is a logical size why does it need to span a graphics window of this size (obviously)?. With these limitations the diagram control is completely useless for me. Do you plan to change this somehow (I'm using version 8.204.0.18)?

Third, with large diagrams the overview control does not work correctly. It displays partially only parts of the diagram (I'm detaching the diagram from the overview and connect it again as in your samples when layouting or creating the diagrams) and in some situations when you change the zoom it suddenly fits the diagram correctly. It is hardly possible to pan and zoom in the overview control with large diagrams in a senseful way. The view rectangle jumps around to arbitrary places in the overview control when you resize it by mouse.

Is there a newer version than 8.2 which solves my issues or will there be one soon? I need to take a decision quickly whether to change to a different component.

Regards,
Christian

2 Replies

CR Christian Rattat February 29, 2012 08:49 AM UTC

Hi,

I just made some additional tests. When the diagram model logical width gets larger than 32000 pixels the diagram crashes when resizing to fit in the diagram's EndUpdate method. See exception call stack below. The diagram was filled with 1027 nodes each connected to one or more other in a strict hierarchy.

Regards,
Christian

bei System.Drawing.Graphics.CheckErrorStatus(Int32 status)
bei System.Drawing.Graphics.DrawImage(Image image, PointF[] destPoints, RectangleF srcRect, GraphicsUnit srcUnit, ImageAttributes imageAttr, DrawImageAbort callback, Int32 callbackData)
bei System.Drawing.Graphics.DrawImage(Image image, PointF[] destPoints, RectangleF srcRect, GraphicsUnit srcUnit, ImageAttributes imageAttr)
bei Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Diagram.LayoutGrid.DrawPoints(Graphics gfx, RectangleF rectClip)
bei Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Diagram.LayoutGrid.DrawPointGrid(Graphics grfx, RectangleF rectGridBounds)
bei Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Diagram.LayoutGrid.Draw(Graphics grfx, RectangleF rectGrid)
bei Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Diagram.View.Draw(Graphics grfx, RectangleF rectClip)
bei Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Diagram.Controls.Diagram.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
bei Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.ScrollControl.WmPaint(Message& msg)
bei Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.ScrollControl.WndProc(Message& msg)
bei Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Diagram.Controls.Diagram.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DebuggableCallback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
bei System.Windows.Forms.SafeNativeMethods.UpdateWindow(HandleRef hWnd)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.Update()
bei Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Diagram.Controls.Diagram.UpdateClientArea()
bei Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Diagram.Controls.Diagram.OnViewOriginChanged(ViewOriginEventArgs evtArgs)
bei Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Diagram.ViewOriginEventHandler.Invoke(ViewOriginEventArgs evtArgs)
bei Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Diagram.ViewerEventSink.RaiseOriginChanged(ViewOriginEventArgs evtArgs)
bei Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Diagram.View.OnOriginChanged(ViewOriginEventArgs evtArgs)
bei Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Diagram.View.set_Origin(PointF value)
bei Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Diagram.Controls.Diagram.UpdateOrigin(PointF ptScrollOrigin, ScrollBars scrollbars)
bei Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Diagram.Controls.Diagram.OnVScrollBarValueChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
bei Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.ScrollBarWrapper.OnInnerValueChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.ScrollBar.OnValueChanged(EventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.ScrollBar.set_Value(Int32 value)
bei Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.ReflectScrollBar.set_Value(Int32 value)
bei Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.ScrollBarWrapper.InitScrollBar()

AA Amsath Ali M Syncfusion Team March 2, 2012 12:25 PM UTC

Hi Christian,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Since you have created separate Direct-Trac incidents [91568 and 91565] for your query, please refer that incident for better follow up. Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Amsath Ali. M

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon