We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

System.IO.FileLoadException

Hi, I''m receiving the following error in the IDE Output window when I attempt to run the project: "An unhandled exception of type ''System.IO.FileLoadException'' occurred in Artiva Manager.exe Additional information: The located assembly''s manifest definition with name ''Syncfusion.Tools'' does not match the assembly reference." Any assistance is appreciated... Thanks, Dave

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 28, 2004 03:35 PM UTC

Hi Dave It looks like you are linking to different versions during comple time and run time. Do you have copy local = true in the references for syncfusion dlls? If so can you try setting copy local = false in the references for syncfusion dlls. Can you go your GAC (C:\WINDOWS\assembly folder) and delete all the syncfusion and syncfusion policy dlls. Then run the Assembly Manager from the Start Menu (Start->Programs->Syncfusion->Essential Suite->Assembly Manager) and choose Default-Prebuilt option. This will update your GAC with the proper dlls. Then compile your application and also ensure that you are using the same version of the dlls when you are deploying your application to take care of this issue. Regards Arun

DA Dave January 29, 2004 06:19 PM UTC

Hi Arun, I''ve tried your suggestions, but it was to no avail. Any additional suggestions are most welcome!!! Thanks, Dave

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 30, 2004 04:14 PM UTC

Hi Dave, This could also be happening because of the compatibility problems between the 1.0 and 1.1 .NET framework versions. Please make sure that your application is built using VS.NET 2003 if it links to dlls built against .NET framework 1.1. In other words, while deploying both the dlls and the exe file should have been built against the same version of .NET framework, and the deployment machine should have .NET framework 1.1 installed on it. Please try this and let me know if this helps. Thanks for your cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon