We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Frozen columns in nested table

Hey,

I have some nested tables in my GDC. Which i load in the GDC with a DataSet.DataTable, which has relations to 4 tables.
It works like TreeNodes, in a TreeView.

Now I have one Column "description" which should be a FrozenColumn. Becous the DataTable is quiet long.
Its no problem till now:

// So I make sure the 1 and the 2 column are frozen.
GDC.Model.FrozenColumns = 2;

That works.

But if I run the programm now, the just parent table works fine with the frozenColumn. If I open a nested table and try to scroll, the hole nested table is frozen.

So i tryed to fix it in the relation, and define the same for the nested table:

// So I make sure the 1 and the 2 column of the nested table are // frozen.
GDC.Relations[0].TableProperties.FrozenColumns = 2;

That dosnt work. So i tryed to just use the frozenColumns on the nested table. That worked, but just for the nested Table. ;)

So everytime I put a frozenColumn on the parent table, the hole nested table is frozen.

looking forward to get some help.

ZigZag

1 Reply

RA Rajasekar Syncfusion Team March 7, 2012 05:34 AM UTC

Hi ZigZag,

Thank you for your update.

We have checked with your requirement and you are reporting that while setting the frozen columns in the main grid whole child grid is nested which is our default behavior. Child grid is the single big covered cell of the whole row below to the respective main grid record. So in this case if you set frozen columns in the main grid, then the respective number of columns will be frozen not only for main grid it will be frozen for the whole table.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Thanks,
Rajasekar

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon