We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

changing dock tab styles-

Is it possible to alter the style of the docked tabs within a tab group. Thanks for any help Jim

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 28, 2004 01:03 PM UTC

Hi Jim, Please elaborate on what you imply here when you say ''alter the style''. The DockingManager''s DockStyle enumeration can have the following values only : Top, Bottom, Right, Left, Fill, None. Are you referring to the DockStyle value of the docking windows within a tab of the docked tabbed group ? Please provide us more information on this. Thanks for your cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

JF James Fry January 29, 2004 03:52 PM UTC

Thanks for getting back to me- When using the Syncfusion "Tab Host" I am able to change the tab formats- TabRendererWorkbookMode) etc. I was wondering if I could have the same function with the docking manager. IE When grouping a number of dockable panes into a "tab book", can I change the format of the tabs? Many thanks Jim

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 29, 2004 08:00 PM UTC

Hi Jim, Thanks for the information. The DockTabControl is actually of the type TabControlAdv/TabControlExt and could support various TabStyles. However using TabStyles is not advisable in this case since DockTabControl is an intrinsic feature of the docking windows framework and not a standalone control. This would destabilise the docking framework and I am afraid we will not be able to support the problems might arise in this scenario. Please let me know if you need any other information. Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

JF James Fry January 30, 2004 05:59 AM UTC

Many thanks for the response Guru, I will make do with the default. I have a question about loading a dock state. At the moment I am using the XML "serialization mode" and it works fine. What I want is to be able to specify the location of the entire file (rather than just the file name) ie C:\DockState|MyDockFile.xml can this be done? Thanks in advance, Jim

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 30, 2004 10:35 AM UTC

Hi Jim, You could specify the entire path instead of just the file name during serialization method calls as shown in the code below : dockingManager1.SaveDockState(Syncfusion.Runtime.Serialization.SerializeMode.XMLFile, "C:\\DockState\\MyDockFile") dockingManager1.LoadDockState(Syncfusion.Runtime.Serialization.SerializeMode.XMLFile, "C:\\DockState\\MyDockFile") Please let me know if you need any additional information. Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon