We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

DirectedTreeLayout and hiding child nodes

I am using DiagramTreeLayout.
For a given node, I have a menu option that allows a selected child of the node to be hidden/collapsed.

However what I want is for the tree to redisplay as if the child was not there. So the siblings of the child hidden would shift.

For example:

Parent

Child1 Child2 Child3 Child4

If I collapse/hide child2 and child3

I get this with "Child1" and "Child4" in the same postion

Parent
Child1 Child4

But I want:

Parent
Child2 Child4

Should I instead remove the child node from the tree instead of just hiding them? And if so, how do I redisplay the view. Also I want the ability to show a removed/hidden node.

Thanks in advance

Mary

3 Replies

MF Mary Fontana February 13, 2012 12:23 AM UTC

The spaces between the child node didnt show up in my last post

What I was trying to illustrate is

________________Parent_______________

_Child1____Child2_______Child3_____Child4

Hide Child2 and Child3

________________Parent___________________

_Child1_____________________________Child4

But I want it to redisplay as

________________Parent_______________________

_____________Child1______Child3______________

and Then if the use selects the parent menu item to view Child3 again it would display:

________________Parent_________________________

_____Child1_______Child2_____Child3

RT Ramya Thirugnanam Syncfusion Team February 15, 2012 04:13 PM UTC

Hi Mary,

With regards to DirectedTreeLayout and hiding child nodes, we are analyzing your requirement. We will update you the status of your requirement on February 17th 2012.

Regards,
Ramya

RT Ramya Thirugnanam Syncfusion Team February 17, 2012 04:40 PM UTC

Hi Mary,
With regards to DirectedTreeLayout and hiding child nodes,The Directed-Tree layout allows you to arrange the nodes in a tree-like structure. This layout can be applied to any diagram that comprises a directed tree graph with unique root and child nodes. This makes creating diagrams easier because the node position is determined automatically, based on the connections. However, it is necessary to specify a layout root for the tree layout. The Directed-Tree layout will position the nodes based on the layout root.Currently we do not have a support to achive your requirement.

In order to have a better track with this, please create your customer account in Direct Trac and open a new incident so that we will assist you accordingly.

Our Direct Trac support system can be accessed from the following link:

Link: https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

For more information, you can contact our sales team at salessupport@syncfusion.com

Please let us know if you have any concerns.
Regards,
Ramya

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon