We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Some Docx files takes a lot time to open.

Hi All,

I am using syncfusion latest dll's(Evaluation). I have a place to generate offer letter. I should be able to read the file. word files with extension .doc and some of the .docx files are working fine. I am able to read the contents via C# code.

When i try to read the document,
WordDocument source = new WordDocument();
FormatType format = FormatType.Doc;
if (template.Name != null && template.Name.ToLower().EndsWith("docx"))
format = FormatType.Docx; // Need to test this...
MemoryStream mem = new MemoryStream(template.Bytes);

source.Open(new MemoryStream(template.Bytes), format);
Here in the last line it fails. it's not coming after this line, takes longer time. But you know some of the files, i am able to read which wouldn't take much time to parse.

Please let me know if you need more information. Please let me know your comments on this.

1 Reply

LD Lakshmi Devi S Syncfusion Team January 9, 2012 09:03 AM UTC

Hi Nimi,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

Regarding your query about delay in loading word documents using DocIO,
Please provide us with the input template document you are trying to process. If possible, could you please provide us with the sample application you are using? We will analyze the mentioned issue and provide you with clear details.

Also, please find the sample application we have used in our end to reproduce the mentioned issue.
Sample:
http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/Support/DirectTrac/89291/Sample2067896334.zip

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Lakshmi Devi S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon