We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Floating Toolbars

Hi. If a toolbar is changed to be floating then the next time the application is run it disappears and cannot EVER be retrieved. This can be seen in the XPMenusMDI sample. Run the application, drag one of the toolbars so that it is floating, close the application and then run it again, notice that the floating toolbar does not appear, click View->Toolbars and notice that it thinks that it is displayed but showing/hiding the toolbar has no effect - it is gone for good!! I am using the 2.0.2.1 BETA. Thanks in advance, Nik

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 26, 2004 10:31 PM UTC

Hi Nik Here is what I tried using the XPMenusMDI sample to reproduce the problem you state above: -Ran the sample -Floated the MDI Child form''s (ImageEditorForm)ToolBar. -Closed the sample. -Ran it again and the ToolBar shows up (floating). -Closed the MDI Child form (ImageEditorForm). The floating toolbar disappears. -Opened the MDI Child form (ImageEditorForm), it''s floating Toolbar shows up as expected. -Closed the sample application. -Ran it again and this time I floated the MainMenu. -Closed the sample application and ran it again. -The application comes up with the Main Menu. I played around for quite some time and was not able to reproduce the problem you describe(using Essential Suite 2.0.2.1). Can you post steps to reproduce the problem so that we can take a look at what could be causing this? Thank you for your continued interest in Syncfusion. Regards Arun

NV Nik Vale January 27, 2004 07:37 PM UTC

Arun, Thanks for your response. I did some further testing and I noticed that when I run the installed sample executables they work fine. It is only after I haved compiled the examples myself that the problem occurs. I am using the Syncfusion pre-built Release DLLs (2.0.2.1) when I build. I am also using .NET Framework v1.1. Below is the zip file containing my compiled version of the XPMenusMDI sample... XPMenusMDI_5537.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 28, 2004 03:04 PM UTC

Hi Nik Thanks for the update. Yes, we are able to see the behaviour you describe and we are investigating this issue. We will update this posting as soon as more information becomes available. Regards Arun

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon