We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GridListControl

Is there a way to populate the gridlistcontrol without using a datasource? I am trying to display a couple columns in the gridlistcontrol. I have 1 rows x N columns. The number of columns are dynamic. Is this feasible? thanks.

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 26, 2004 04:30 PM UTC

The gridListControl1 does not ''store'' any data. So, you do have to have some datasource. There are several things you could try to do. You can just manually populate a datatable and use that as the datasource. That would be the simplest thing to do. Here is some sample code: Dim dt As New DataTable("MyTable") Dim nCols As Integer = 4 Dim nRows As Integer = 10 Dim i As Integer Dim j As Integer For i = 0 To nCols - 1 dt.Columns.Add(New DataColumn(String.Format("Col{0}", i))) Next For i = 0 To nRows - 1 Dim dr As DataRow = dt.NewRow() For j = 0 To nCols - 1 dr(j) = String.Format("row{0} col{1}", i, j) Next dt.Rows.Add(dr) Next

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon