We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Can''t Open docx files

Hi we have a fairly old SharePoint site which uses some pre-built web parts that we paid for from a third-party company that has since run into insolvency. We are upgrading our Office environment to 2010 (from 2003) and now I need to amend the web part solutions so that they will work with the new version of Office.

So the problem I'm experiencing is that i'm using the following C# to open a docx file and then I'm getting the error that i'm missing a dll.

WordDocument docTemp = new WordDocument();
Stream stream = file.OpenBinaryStream();
docTemp.Open(stream, FormatType.Docx); -- > causes error below

"Could not load file or assembly 'Syncfusion.Compression.Base, Version=7.102.0.30, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."

So basically i'm missing that file, looks like it has never been needed for 2003 files but now I need it, does anyone know how I go about obtaining this file please?

Many thanks for any help offered.

Nick

3 Replies

LD Lakshmi Devi S Syncfusion Team October 25, 2011 08:30 AM UTC

Hi Nick,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

The mentioned "FileNotFoundException" occurs if any necessary Syncfusion assemblies are not referenced in your application. Please make sure you have referenced the following Syncfusion assemblies in your application in order to use DocIO.

Full Trust Mode:
• Syncfusion.Core.dll
• Syncfusion.Compression.Base.dll
• Syncfusion.DocIO.Base.dll

Medium/Partial Trust Mode:
• Syncfusion.Core.dll
• Syncfusion.Compression.Base.dll
• Syncfusion.DocIO.Web.dll

For more information regarding the deployment of Syncfusion assemblies in applications, please refer our online documentation from the below link.

Documentation link:
http://help.syncfusion.com/ug_93/Reporting/DocIO/Windows%20Forms/default.htm?turl=Documents%2F231dlls.htm

Please find the Syncfusion assemblies installed (Syncfusion.Compression.Base.dll) in your system from the following location.
$system drive:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\$Version#\precompiledassemblies\$Version#\

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Lakshmi Devi S

NW Nick Williams October 26, 2011 10:30 AM UTC

Hi sorry we do not have your product installed. We paid for a solution from a vendor and they have just deployed 2 of the 3 mentioned DLLs. So what I'm asking is, is there a place to download the the DLL we are missing, or do we have to buy the full product and install, or is there another solution?

Thanks,
Nick

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 1, 2011 01:07 PM UTC

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the update.

If you want to refer those syncfusion assemblies in a new application means you need to install the Syncfusion Essential Studio setup in the development machine using a valid license key or an evaluation key. For that please contact salessupport@syncfusion.com and you will be given prompt assistance related to your license subscription .

If you wish you may download our latest evaluation version setup from the below mentioned link

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/evaluation

If you need those syncfusion assemblies to refer it in a webpart solution that was brought from a third party vendor means, please contact that third party vendor to resolve the reported error.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Sivaguru S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon