We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Client-side Row/Column selection prevention

Hi folks,

Is there any way to prevent selection of columns/rows of the grid on the client side. I want to perform some custom client side validation and prevent users from interacting with the grid until any discrepancies have been resolved.

I saw the AllowSelection(bool) property, but is this invokable from the client side?

2 Replies

JB Jason Beal September 26, 2011 07:39 PM UTC

I guess I would also need to restrain any grid interaction such as paging, grouping / sorting.

I basically want to render the entire grid non-interactive, but still preserve any groups, filters, paging as well as selected grid items.

ES Eswari S Syncfusion Team September 27, 2011 01:41 PM UTC

Hi Jason,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Query #1 : selection prevention

AllowSelection property is invokable form client side. We can prevent selection of rows using AllowSelection property in Onload event. Please refer to the following code snippets :

[Aspx]

<%=Html.Syncfusion().Grid("OrdersGrid")
. . .
. . .

.ClientSideEvents(eve=>{
eve.OnLoad("Onload");
})
%>

Query #2 : Preserve any groups, filters, paging

We can prevent the actions like paging ,sorting using properties AllowPaging ,AllowSorting .Please refer to the following code snippets :

[Aspx]

<%=Html.Syncfusion().Grid("OrdersGrid")

// AllowPaging , AllowSorting can be set false to disable the paging and sorting .

.PageSettings(page =>
{
page.AllowPaging(false);
})
.SortSettings(sort=>{
sort.AllowSorting(false);
})
.Grouping(group=>{
group.AllowGrouping(false); // to disable grouping
})
.Filtering(filter=>{
filter.AllowFiltering(false); // to disable filtering

})
%>

Also , we can done through client script in Onload event.

For your convenience ,we have prepared the sample and the same can be downloaded from the following link :

Sample-1683864767.zip

Please try this and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,
Eswari.S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon