We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

IndexOutOfRangeException when data changed in underlying DataTable

Hi,

From the call stack below, the exception comes from Syncfusion.Grouping. Unfortunately the issue cannot be reproduced easily, it only happened once.

I am not sure if this is a problem of syncfusion library or some bug in my code(probably threading issue).

I am using an old version of syncfusion grid (6.102.0.34).

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks
Jimmy

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at System.Collections.ArrayList.Add(Object value)
at Syncfusion.Grouping.Table.AddChangedField(ChangedFieldInfo ci)
at Syncfusion.Grouping.Table.igcc_ColumnChanging(Object sender, GroupingColumnChangeEventArgs e)
at Syncfusion.Grouping.DataTableList.dt_ColumnChanging(Object sender, DataColumnChangeEventArgs e)
at System.Data.DataTable.OnColumnChanging(DataColumnChangeEventArgs e)
at System.Data.DataRow.set_Item(DataColumn column, Object value)
at System.Data.DataRow.set_Item(String columnName, Object value)

4 Replies

AS Asarudheen S Syncfusion Team September 6, 2011 02:12 PM UTC

Hi Jimmy,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Is there any possible way for you to provide us with a sample that shows this issue? . It will be easier for us to have a closer look into the problem and to resolve it. Thanks for providing additional information any.

Regards,
Asarudheen.

LY Liu Yang September 14, 2011 08:23 AM UTC

Hi Asarudheen

Unfortunately I couldn't reproduce the issue with a sample project. The exception happens randomly, I guess it's due to frequent data updates for the bounded DataTable.

May I know where changedFieldsArray is getting cleared?

changedFieldsArray is in Syncfusion.Grouping.Table

cheers
Jimmy

LY Liu Yang September 14, 2011 10:04 AM UTC

ChangedFieldArray is an ArrayList

I googled that the exception will happen when TrimToSize() and Add() are called on separate threads.

AS Asarudheen S Syncfusion Team September 21, 2011 03:04 PM UTC

Hi Liu ,

Thanks for the update.

It is hard to trace why this issue is arising without seeing the sample. We have searched our support database for any such similar issues, and found no similar issues found.

Is there any possible way for you to provide us with a sample that shows this issue? It will be easier for us to have a closer look into the problem and to resolve it. Thanks for providing additional information any.

Regards,
Asarudheen.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon