We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Merging XP-style MDI menu''s

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

10065 Jan 21,2004 01:02 PM Jan 21,2004 02:09 PM Windows Forms 2
Tags: Tools
Marco Ensing
Asked On January 21, 2004 01:02 PM

When a form is shown as an MDI child in an MDI containter, Syncfusion can merge the menu''s. And according to the documentation that is recommended to do it automatically. The problem I''m facing is that I use a mainFrameBarManager on the main form to get the XP-themes enabled for the menu and toolbar. If I use main-menu on the child MDI window, it is merged as a complete second menu with the non-xp style. When I try to define a mainFrameBarManager on the child MDI window. I receive an invalid cast exception (no further details) Long story short: how do I merge XP-themed menus for MDI childs. Marco

Marco Ensing
Replied On January 21, 2004 01:20 PM

I found an examle what shows what I was trying to do. Ignore the previous posting. Marco

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On January 21, 2004 02:09 PM

Hi Marco, You should be using the ChildFrameBarManager for the MDI Children. Kindly take a look at the XPMenusMDI sample located in the Syncfusion\Essential Suite\Tools\samples\Menus Package\XPMenusMDI directory. Regards Arun

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;