We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

jQuery Usage Guidelines

Do you have any guidelines for using jQuery with Syncfusion controls? Proper usage or version conflicts? I have a page that as soon as we add the Syncfusion RTE I get a JS error: Object doesn't support this property or method. Remove the RTE and it works again.

Basically, there are a couple of text boxes that use the jQuery UI DatePicker.

Using jQuery 1.4.2 and jQueryUI 1.8.1

$(function () {$(".datePicker").datepicker();});

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 16, 2011 10:46 PM UTC

Followup:

Viewing via Firefox I was able to find the actual problem.

$(".datePicker").datepicker is not a function

Moving the jQueryUI script reference to the bottom of the page (or after the RTE) resolves the issue.

Seems like the RTE is also loading a version of the jQuery core that is overwriting the functions added by the jQueryUI?

Anyway, I moved the script references back to the head and changed the code in the HEAD to be:

VR Varalakshmi R.S Syncfusion Team August 31, 2011 05:34 PM UTC

Hi Robert,

Thanks for contacting syncfusion forum.

We are using Jquery 8.1 version in our source and we have tried your requirement of using both JQueryUIDatePicker and RichTextEditor control in versions specified by you and it works fine in our end. We attached the sample and please try the sample which is available in the following link,
DatePicker-1181882449.zip

If the issue exists still, could you please modify the attached sample and share with us to isolate this issue in our end.

Also, when there are two different versions of jQuery is used conflict may occurs and it can be resolved by using jQuery.conflict() as you specified.

Regards,
Varalakshmi

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon