We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Microsoft Report Viewer trying to load Syncfusion.Compression.Base

I'm working on a project that has references to Syncfusion (for what I'm not sure exactly), but I'm trying to add a report viewer to a Web Application and I'm getting an error when I try to add a report it is - Could not load file or assembly 'Syncfusion.Compression.Base".. etc.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jay

8 Replies

JA Jay August 12, 2011 05:53 PM UTC

Looks like Syncfusion is used for some textbox masks.. and a DOCIO feature..

Why might it be interfering with creating a report in the microsoft Report Viewer - and how do I resolve that?

Thanks,

Jay

PR Poornima R Syncfusion Team August 18, 2011 10:27 AM UTC

Hi Jay,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

For executing web application using Essential DocIO, the following assemblies need to be referenced. Since your application uses DocIO feature all these assemblies need to be referenced in your web application.
• Syncfusion.Core.dll
• Syncfusion.Compression.dll
• Syncfusion.DocIO.Base.dll

For more information about the dll requirements, please refer the below link
http://help.syncfusion.com/ug_93/Reporting/DocIO/ASP.NET/default.htm?turl=Documents%2F231dlls.htm

Try referring these assemblies in your application and let us know whether the issue is resolved. If the issue still exists, please provide us with your sample application for further investigating on this issue.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Poornima

JA Jay August 28, 2011 10:55 PM UTC

Hey - thanks for the reply.

It looks like my solution is missing the Syncfusion.Compression dll.. which doesn't seem to effect the Syncfusion functionality, but does prevent the reportviewer .net control from working.

Could you tell me where I can the missing dll.

I see Syncfusion.Core.dll version 6.303.1.8 added to my solution. As well as syncfusion.docio.base, syncfusion.docio.Web, Syncfusion.Shared.Base, Syncfusion.Shared.Web

Thanks,

Jay

RA Rajendran Syncfusion Team August 31, 2011 12:43 PM UTC

Hi Jay,

Thank you for your update.

You can find Syncfusion.Compression.base assembly from below folder path.

Path:
:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\\precompiledassemblies\\

For example, if the product installed in “C” drive with product version “6.303.1.8”, you can access Syncfusion assemblies of framework “3.5” version from below folder path.

Path:
C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\6.303.1.8\precompiledassemblies\6.303.1.8\3.5

Try adding the assembly from above location and let us know if this helps you.

There is no such dependency exist for Microsoft report viewer control on Syncfusion.Compression.Base assembly. If the issue exists, Please provide us with your sample to investigate further on this issue.

Please let us know if you have questions.

Thanks
Rajendran

JA Jay September 5, 2011 05:15 PM UTC

Hi Rajendran,

I've added a screen shot of what happens when I try to add a asp.net report to a report viewer control. The Syncfusion.Compression.Base is what is looks like I'm missing.

I don't have access to the syncfusion install folder - I took over this code base and it must be on the original devs machine - which I don't have access too. Can I download the syncfusion files from the site somewhere?

Thanks,

Jay

reports_syncfusion_f4894d7c.zip

PR Poornima R Syncfusion Team September 14, 2011 04:14 AM UTC

Hi Jay,

We are sorry for the long delay in getting back to you.

Please find our latest version (9.3.0.61) download from the below location

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/general/100432/Essential-Studio-2011-Volume-3-Final-Release-v93061-available-for-download

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Poornima

JA Jay September 20, 2011 04:50 PM UTC

Thanks.. I've tried contacting support to find the license key the original developer used to build this web application - but I can not get a reply from Sales. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jay

SS Sivaguru S Syncfusion Team September 22, 2011 08:39 AM UTC

Hi Jay,

Thanks for the update.

If you have valid license ,You can generate the particular version key from our website by logging in to your support account in Direct Trac and going to the Product Downloads and Keys page from the Direct Trac customer dashboard.

Please use the link below to go to that page.

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/directtrac/myproducts

You need to choose the version( x.x.x.x) for which you need the key from the 'Get Your Key Here' drop-down box so that you can get the key for the version you need to install.

Also you can download the respective version setup from the below given link.

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/directtrac/downloads

If you don’t have a valid license, Please contact salessupport@syncfusion.com and you will be given prompt assistance related to your license subscription.

Please let us know if you have any queries,

Regards,
Sivaguru S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon