We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Setting formula

Dear all, Right now I am in process of evaluating grid and so far everything looks in place. I have one question regarding setting formula. Let me try to explain the whole issue . Let’s say we have grid controls in a workbook fashion, where we have one grid control on each tab control. As presented in sample “Workbook Sample”. I am looking for setting formula on one view of grid which refers to some cell of another view of grid. Pretty much like excel where you can set formula across different sheets of workbook. Can we set formula across two grid instances? or What would be better approach to achieve this functionality? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 20, 2004 11:11 PM UTC

Cross sheet references are supported in 2.0.2.0, but not in the 1.6 code base. Below is a code snippet from the 2.0.2.0 class reference. //register 3 grids so cell can be referenced across grids int sheetfamilyID = GridFormulaEngine.CreateSheetFamilyID(); GridFormulaEngine.RegisterGridAsSheet("summary", this.gridControl1.Model, sheetfamilyID); GridFormulaEngine.RegisterGridAsSheet("income", this.gridControl2.Model, sheetfamilyID); GridFormulaEngine.RegisterGridAsSheet("expenses", this.gridControl3.Model, sheetfamilyID); //.... //Sample formula usage for cells in gridControl1, the ''summary'' grid. //This code sums ups some cells from gridControl3, the ''expenses'' grid, //and gridControl2, the ''income'' grid. //sum the range B2:B8 from the expenses grid. this.gridControl1[3,4].Text = "= Sum(expenses!B2:expenses!B8)"; //sum the range B2:B4 from the income grid. this.gridControl1[4,4].Text = "= Sum(income!B2:income!B4)";

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 21, 2004 01:08 PM UTC

Thanks clay, Which version is available right now? Which version will I get if I buy the product (grid)right now? Where can I get version 2.0.2.0? I need to take decision very soon. Please provide appropriate help. Thanks Vivek >Cross sheet references are supported in 2.0.2.0, but not in the 1.6 code base. Below is a code snippet from the 2.0.2.0 class reference. > > >//register 3 grids so cell can be referenced across grids >int sheetfamilyID = GridFormulaEngine.CreateSheetFamilyID(); >GridFormulaEngine.RegisterGridAsSheet("summary", this.gridControl1.Model, sheetfamilyID); >GridFormulaEngine.RegisterGridAsSheet("income", this.gridControl2.Model, sheetfamilyID); >GridFormulaEngine.RegisterGridAsSheet("expenses", this.gridControl3.Model, sheetfamilyID); > >//.... > >//Sample formula usage for cells in gridControl1, the ''summary'' grid. >//This code sums ups some cells from gridControl3, the ''expenses'' grid, >//and gridControl2, the ''income'' grid. > >//sum the range B2:B8 from the expenses grid. >this.gridControl1[3,4].Text = "= Sum(expenses!B2:expenses!B8)"; > >//sum the range B2:B4 from the income grid. >this.gridControl1[4,4].Text = "= Sum(income!B2:income!B4)"; > >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 21, 2004 03:14 PM UTC

The current release version is 1.6.1.8. The current online evaluation is 1.6.1.8 as well. Version 2.0 has been in beta about 6 or 7 weeks and the current beta release is 2.0.2.0. You would have to contact sales@syncfusion.com to inquire about getting the beta version on an eval status. If you purchase the product noe, you would imediately get 1.6.1.8 as well as access to the 2.0.2.0 beta.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 22, 2004 04:35 PM UTC

Clay, One last quexstion. do you have any idea about timeline for actual release of version 2.0? my company can wait few weeks but can''t buy beta version. Thanks vivek >The current release version is 1.6.1.8. The current online evaluation is 1.6.1.8 as well. > >Version 2.0 has been in beta about 6 or 7 weeks and the current beta release is 2.0.2.0. You would have to contact sales@syncfusion.com to inquire about getting the beta version on an eval status. > >If you purchase the product noe, you would imediately get 1.6.1.8 as well as access to the 2.0.2.0 beta. > >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 22, 2004 04:43 PM UTC

There has been no annoucement yet when the release will come. sales@syncfusion.com would be ths place to contact for the best information on this issue.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon