We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

xy charts (again)

I have attached an example of a very simple xy chart done in excel. Can you please provide an example of how to specify your Chart tool to do the equivalent? Thanks, Bill Korchinski xychart_2052.zip

10 Replies

DJ Davis Jebaraj Syncfusion Team January 26, 2004 01:36 PM UTC

Hi Bill, Please find a sample that shows how to create a XY (Spline) chart with the ChartControl linked below: http://www.syncfusion.com/support/user/uploads/chartgridsample.zip Please let us know if you need any further information. Thank you for your patience. Regards, Davis

BK Bill Korchinski February 4, 2004 01:37 PM UTC

Hi Davis, I just tried this & it works great. Thanks very much. There is one more thing you can do to help me. I need a way to show a single point on the curve. See original Excel plot with a red point at (x,y) = (7,49). Is there a way to do this with Essential Chart? I can do it with another package by defining a second (x,y) data series which has only a single point at (7,49). If you can show me how to do this, I''ll be all set. Thanks again, Bill

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 4, 2004 02:51 PM UTC

One more thing... I''d like the sinlge point at (7,49) to be a different color / shape from the ones on the original spline curve. Thanks, Bill

DJ Davis Jebaraj Syncfusion Team February 11, 2004 05:07 PM UTC

Hi Bill, Sorry about the delay in responding. A point can be added to the current series itself and treated differently for display purposes by handling the PrepareStyle event of the Series. http://www.syncfusion.com/support/user/uploads/chartgridsample.zip Regards, Davis

BK Bill Korchinski February 12, 2004 04:06 PM UTC

Great- thanks again. Bill

RS Rauli Saarinen October 7, 2004 08:58 AM UTC

I''m now evaluating the Essential Suite 2.1.0.10. I didn''t quite understand from the VBasic sample how to set the x-values in xy-chart. I''v tried the following: private void CreateSerie(out Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Chart.ChartSeries ser, ref Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Chart.ChartControl chart) { ser = chart.Model.NewSeries("LineSerie", Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Chart.ChartSeriesType.Line); ser.Points.Add(1, 2); ser.Points.Add(2, 4); ser.Points.Add(4, 8); ser.Points.Add(8, 16); chart.Series.Add(ser); } That makes serie to through following points (x, y): (0, 2); (1, 4); (2, 8); The fourth point is not visible at all. What should I do to make line to go through points I defined in the sample code? What have I misunderstood?

DJ Davis Jebaraj Syncfusion Team October 7, 2004 10:53 AM UTC

Hi, Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion. Please find a sample that uses the code you had posted to display a Chart linked to below: http://www.syncfusion.com/support/user/Uploads/F10023ChartXY_7915.zip The Indexed property of the ChartControl needs to be set to false for the X axis values to have actual values. Regards, Davis

RS Rauli Saarinen October 7, 2004 11:35 AM UTC

Thank you Davis! That really helped.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 1, 2004 05:56 PM UTC

You mentioned that you are using build 2.1.0.10. The latest version that I can see advertized on the Syncfusion download is 2.1.0.9. How did you get 2.1.0.10?

DJ Davis Jebaraj Syncfusion Team November 2, 2004 01:04 PM UTC

Hi, Version 2.1.0.9 is the official 2.1 version released for download on 08/18/2004 http://www.syncfusion.com/pressreleases/8-18-04.aspx All other versions that have the last number increased (2.1.0.10 in this case) is a patch version that provides fixes and enhancements to the version 2.1.0.9 version These patch versions are sent to syncfusion customers and evaluators who request fixes for particular issues identified by them. Please let us know if you have a problem with version 2.1.0.9 that needs to be resolved and I can point you to the appropriate patch version. Thanks, Davis

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon