We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Get hidden column data based on the columns selected in GridGroupControl

I am using gridgroupcontrol, in the parent table each row I have a hidden id column, and also in the nested children table, for each row I also have a hidden id column, what I need to do here is to bind a click event to columns, if column A in parent row is clicked, get the hidden id column do one thing, if column B in parent row is clicked, get the hidden id column do another thing, and if any column in child row is clicked, get the hidden child id column then do yet another thing.

Any one can provide me an example of this event handling?

Thanks

1 Reply

ES Eswari S Syncfusion Team July 12, 2011 12:23 PM UTC

Hi rayzhahng,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

We can get the hidden column Id value of the parent table from the "RecordDoubleClicked" event. Please refer to the following code snippets.

public void ggc_RecordDoubleClicked(object sender, RecordDoubleClickEventArgs e)
{
TextBox1.Text = e.Row.Record.GetValue("Category ID").ToString();
}

Also, we have prepared the sample for your reference and the same can be downloaded from the following link:

sample-100185-1852474790.zip

However, we having issue with getting the child table record value.

The issue identified in this forum 'RecordDoubleClicked event issue with hierarchy grid' has been confirmed as a defect; hence we have logged a defect report. However, we do not provide confidential information and patches in the general forum, so could you please create a new incident such that we can fix the issue and provide the patch for you.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,
Eswari.S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon